or Connect

Posts by puzzlepeace

New to this forum... :)   We have recently decided to homeschool our dc2 who is entering 4th grade. We are undecided as to our 7th grader. So I am trying to research some options.  I really like the Sonlight curriculum for dc2, that is what I am leaning towards.  Middle school seems like a different ballgame though.  I am open to other options as well but wondered if you guys had any thoughts about these.    Some background on us... *We'd like something to give...
we have seen a dev ped through Kennedy kreiger. We were very disappointed with their lack of addressing some of our more major concerns yet picking out things that were much more minor and harping on them. The school was definite on the lack of ISP testing/ special Ed classification until he had been at the school awhile. Given his issues we did not feel that this would provide him both the education and the protection he would need. It is a very difficult and...
Hugs to you!!! It is very frustrating, especially when it feels like people judge you for the actions or behaviors that you realize are a part of a bigger picture. The hardest part is realizing it is a bigger picture I don't clearly see completely yet, though I am trying. You are not alone!!!
I understand how isolating any violent behavior can be from multiple points of view. I don't believe it is okay or condone it. I was merely stating that in a child with impulse issues it is something we are noticing at home with his sibling. His communication skill seems to need additional guidance especially due to the impulsivity.
Thanks for all the replies. After looking carefully at all the options available we have made the decision to homeschool him. We want to be able to have a very thorough assessment done and decided this was the most realistic way to do it. We may also end up homeschooling our older child but have not decided; her tuition may prohibit us from keeping her there. I did resign from my job however may be offered something part time. So lots inthe air. We decided that it was...
Thank you for the replies! It has been a busy week between checking into options and my finishing up my own school year.  I am not sure what to do honestly.  He does work fairly well for me, gives me guff but gets it done.  I would need to figure out an income myself (10-15K a year) to build a buffer into the budget if I quit my job.  I am unsure I can be my best at work though when I am thinking about him so much.I am so overwhelmed myself with this decision.  I feel...
Hi All,   I am new here. I have a 9yo ds who has been in a private/parochial school since before kindergarten.  Academically it has been great for him, providing a challenge that he can meet.  Emotionally it became detrimental to his well being and we made the decision for him not to return for 4th grade.  He is dx'd with adhd, sensory processing, numerous food and seasonal allergies.  We truly believe there is more to him as well including issues with his blood...