or Connect

Posts by matumama

What preschool was it?
Update- the family bed is a crummy place to have the stomach bug.  I was thrown up on multiple many times, and so was my favorite pillow, the blankets, uncounted towels...what a mess and what a pile of laundry.  Plus I got it and it was violent.  bleah. Even now, when the bug seems to have abated, I leap to attention every time someone licks his lips or burps.   The goodish thing that came out of this is that I got so very very little sleep for so many days that I...
To the question of how long can you live on not enough sleep- a long time.  I haven't gotten an unbroken night's sleep since my twins were born two and a half years ago.  Many nights I am awakened repeatedly.  I don't recommend it, and my quality of life is less and my temper is shorter than it used to be, but I have many moments of joy and love.   I agree about the bigger bed, first of all.  A futon on the floor is good because it is not far to roll of of and it...
With one child, cosleeping worked well for a while.  Eventually she took up too much space in the bed, pushing her father and I to the edges of the bed, her toes in our hair, in our bellybuttons. We put a futon on the floor in our room, problem solved.  At 3 we moved out of the room into "her" room which she had never slept in and after a few minutes of whimpering the first night she slept well every night thereafter and is still fine years later. I have a stepson...
I wih I had advice for you but I am in the same boat with my 2.5 year old twins.  I hope someone has good ideas because I need to figure something out before the new baby gets here!
I have to go to bed now or I will be sunk, but for a thought about daytime activities relating to nighttime sleep read my thread called something like "Toddler sitting on my head, HELP"
There I went, sending that reply before going off to nurse a baby back to sleep and not posting the other little breakthrough.   This one is sort of cute.   It was the middle of the night, around three thirty and M had been squirming and climbing and sitting on my head for some time.  I finally growled "Mama's tired! I want to sleep! Get off my head!" and pushed him off.  I tried to snuggle him (this never works, he doesn't want to spoon, he only wants the boob.)...
An update: Two breakthroughs.    My stepson is a bouncy hyper guy, and he loves getting all riled up with the babies.  Lately he has been enjoying sneaking up on them and surprising them.  At first he would scream or shriek (for a kid that can't handle other people or machines making loud noises he sure can make some noise) but I had him stop that.  He kept on surprising them though.  He was hiding around corners and popping out at them, and then sometimes laughing,...
I do have to be really careful with the naps, they can't be too early or too late.  It is a dance to get both of them down and then make sure that they don't wake each other up.    The room is darkety-dark.   Gas is a possibility, he can be a farty guy.  He loves beans.  We hadn't had any these past few days, but I think I should go carefully over what both he and I ate to see if I can come up with patterns.   He has been rather needy of me lately, he is...
I have eighteen month old twin boys, as well as a 12 year old daughter and a 10 year old stepson.  I am still nursing both twins, both in the night and the day.   One twin, we will call him M, has never been a great sleeper.  We have two king sized beds in our bedroom, and with various arrangements of Mama, Dada, M and E, that has worked somewhat for us.  Over time, a few times, M has woken up in the night and taken a long time to go back to sleep, but lately it has...