or Connect

Posts by mainegirl

Quote: Originally Posted by HeatherHeather It's not like they've done crash testing to see if they do cause more harm than not using them. Not to sound morbid, but I also tend to think in the case of a plane crash that the thousands of pounds of twisted metal would harm a baby more than a harness.
Quote: Originally Posted by Petersmamma And with his artwork that he brings home, we put it up on the cabinets and such, but we are about to send a gift box to relatives and we are putting in ALL of ds' artwork that we don't want to keep...that way, WE aren't throwing it away! : I also use some of my son's art to wrap gifts or make cards for grandma
*looks around, embarrassed* I save ALL of them! And my son goes full time! Ack! (that's three years' worth) The plan (when I get around to it) is to go through them and keep any with milestones or funny/interesting things on them. His current teacher writes a huge paragraph of what he does every day, complete with illustrations. They're so much fun to read! So I eventually want to pare it down to a smaller amount so I can save them for posterity
I work full time, and I feel guilty every day for leaving my son at daycare. He's been going to daycare full time since he was five months old, and he's nearly three and a half. I think guilt just goes with the equation. Many people may have a different opinion on this, but I really enjoy working and my job. I was careful to get a job where it is clear that if something family-related arises, that takes precedence, and they are very respectful of that. There are...
Quote: Originally Posted by foxyBFer i suppose i could hope that i rub off on them a little bit? one of the moms has been using calendula instead of desitin for her baby's diaper rash and loves it so much she's going to get some. she also started using my hylands teething tablets and loves them. who knows? another mama was asking lots of questions about the CD and said she'd like to try it. See, you are having a positive impact on your friends,...
I just thought of one, don't know if I'd call it intuition or what (or hearing voices, which may be a sign of a bigger problem! ) After my son was born I was SO exhausted, he was up constantly and I was nursing and pumping around the clock (low milk supply). One afternoon when he was a few weeks old I had nursed kiddo to sleep on the bed and then I got up to do some housework. About ten minutes into it I felt so tired that I sat down on the couch and ended up lying...
Thank you for all of the suggestions, everyone! I'm glad I'm not the only one for whom the prospect of taking prenatals is barftastic. I'm sticking with the Rainbow Light Once a Day for the time being, because those things are expensive! I've found that taking them with soup actually makes the nausea less intense. I've tried it with chowder and clear broth soup, they're both good. There's an interesting thing I never knew. Taking them with solid food makes it...
Oh, wow!! Yay!
Friends would not be this intolerant. My best friend and I parent very differently, and there are lots of things she does that I would consider more "mainstream" than I would decide to do. However, we certainly would never judge the other person based on our parenting choices. Though we may do things differently, we both love our children very much and each other, too. We talk all the time about the way I do things or the way she does things, and we respect one...
See, now, I want to search for those locked threads! Those are my favorite!