or Connect

Posts by Houdini

I am one of nine...I have six kids.....two of my sister's have one child, one of my sister's has two....two brother's have two kids, one brother has nine kids, and my other two brother's aren't old enough for kids as of yet. I figure it is all about what is right for your family. I see no point in anyone other than you and your partner to be involved in deciding what works for your home.
Quote: Originally Posted by Yoshua Hm where to start. We talk alot, maybe not as much as we used to so you know that I am only one type of person when it comes to opinions and advice. Honest and Blunt. So here it goes. Your DS is smart. Yes he is a kid but he is dang smart. I know this. I also know that he has awesome role models and 13 is an awkward age to be at. Trying to find your way in the world and asking for advice when you think you need...
Quote: Originally Posted by MarineWife It's really cool when our kids start to understand these complex issues, huh? I wonder, though...Instead of him dumping her as a friend, is there anyway your entire family can sort of adopt her since her family life is not great? My girlfriend has known this girl for several years and has tried over the years to connect with her and help her, but it hasn't ever worked. My son has tried for over a year to...
My daughter is now 11 and starting developing breasts around 10.5. She complained of tenderness for several months before any type of buds appeared. I don't recall her complaining about clothing up against her skin...not sure what to say for that. Maybe she can try wearing sports type bras...see if that helps. My daughter preferred the sports ones for the beginning stages of her development.
My kids have heard sarcasm since birth. I tend to be a very sarcastic person.
Our oldest is 13 and we still have to do a lean over the tub a couple times a month to actually get his hair completely rinsed. I have to say though....there must a girl in the equation somewhere b/c the last three weeks he is religiously taking a shower (used to be fight for three a week) and washing his hair, as well as, using the blow dryer. Our daughter is 11 and has been washing her own hair since she was about eight. One of our ten year olds has been washing...
Our oldest son went to a halloween party at a friend's house and had a great time. When we picked him up one of his friends came running up to my girlfriend and told her she played matchmaker with Seth. She convinced him (didn't take much) to sneak away from the ghost stories to kiss another girl. My son did just that...kiss the girl. The big issue I have is not the kiss the girl part, but the part where this young girl is not someone he is suppose to hanging out with...
Quote: Originally Posted by mama_ani What was it like putting your dc (back) into public school? Why did you do it? Are you happy with the decision? Anyone do it not just for academic reasons? The reason I'm asking... I am seriously thinking of putting my oldest three children into school again. They have been homeschooled since they were 5, 6.5 and 7.5. Now they are 13yo, 12yo and 10.5yo. We're accomplishing nothing & everyone is miserable here. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by earthyamber That is very cool. I believe everything happens for a reason and you found your true partner! Was Megan lesbian before you? Anyways, welcome! Nope....first time for both of us.
Quote: Originally Posted by earthyamber I understand. I nearly left my husband for a woman I was dating but then I chickened out (although I am still very close to her and I love her dearly). I am so happy for you and happy that you found what you were wanting. That is always good. I have to give you credit though, 6 kids so close in age...yikes! Yea....the 6 kids proves interesting at homework time. Luckily we have a couple of mellow ones...