or Connect

Posts by Houdini

Quote: Originally Posted by nextcommercial So. If I had this feeling about a neighbor, and you wanted to send your child to that neighbor's house to play. I should keep my concerns to myself? So, as not to start a rumor? I am not saying that the normal average parent would just send their child to a stranger's house to play. But, many parents would send thier child to play without asking any questions. What if the other child was molested or...
Quote: Originally Posted by cycle I don't totally agree with this. No, pedophiles don't openly advertise that they are pedophiles but there are clear signs and behaviors when they are around the child they are molesting. My niece was molested by her maternal grandfather, before she told anyone I could tell something wasn't right. When there were gatherings that he was at where my niece was too he was obsessed with her. He would not let her out of his...
Honestly....sounds like the neighbors have already concluded he is a molester.....warning each other about his 'creepy behavior.' Hopefully, you aren't wrong b/c that image won't leave someone's head just b/c he is shown to be a loving step-dad. He could be off, but the whole tell the neighbors based on nothing more than a gut feeling leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. It seems to me that most molesters don't openingly advertise themselves. If he was a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Haydee When my ex first started supervised visitation it was through an agency. He had to pay for it, but there was an order of protection, so I wasn't about to let him anywhere near me. Now that he has gotten lots and lots of help, I supervise the visits. I only do that because I feel comfortable with it. I've also seen grandparents supervise. It all depends on your comfort level... and what the court sees...
Creepy out of lurkdom....anyone with a parent who is only allowed to see the kids supervised? How do you arrange the supervision? Do you supervise or do you use something through the state?
Are the families all applying through the yahoo group or is there somewhere on here to apply? I applied through the yahoo group for help, but I wasn't sure if the information would be forwarded for the holiday thread on here or if I would need to apply again on MDC. I haven't heard anything from the yahoo group as far as if I qualify or not....not trying to push the issue....I know how busy it is right now for everyone. I am trying to figure out if I need to be doing...
Nothing really to add except what is STBX?
Quote: Originally Posted by JennaW Hello, I am new around here, and still learning my way around the no circ stuff. I have a question for the parents who circ'd and now know it was wrong. How did you learn it was wrong? Did someone "enlighten" you or did you find out through your own research? Jenna Yoshua on MDC
Neither my husband nor I watched the procedure being done on our sons....
Quote: Originally Posted by KarGaro My dd begged me not to call her bf's parents because she says that they hit him and that he was over here because his parents came home last night and were screaming at him so he left his house. I do think that something went on over there because that is what I heard them talking about before I went downstairs but I know his mom pretty well and they are not ogres. Karen IMO - Looks can be deceiving and...