or Connect

Posts by Houdini

Quote: Originally Posted by carriebft I think you will realize once you are active in the movement for a while that every person is different and having an array of approaches will help change the most people. While I understand you are an advocate of gentle education and do not like the words 'mutilation' or 'barbaric', I have to tell you that I have met groups where these words are very influencial and have done a lot of good; mainly, in my experience,...
Quote: Originally Posted by kldliam Now you have me more curious about lurkers. Are you able to recall some of the "out-there" comments? I'd like to know what we look like from the perspective of a newcomer. It sounds like you still feel a little scared of some of us....how can we change that? Welcome to the Human Rights community. You are dearly need. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...t=circumcision Here is a thread where I...
Quote: Originally Posted by fruitful womb Really, how do we scare you! Your funny. Welcome to the world of the CAC/MDC! When I first went on this forum, I was still clueless about intact. Man, some of the responses I saw on here seemed so out there.....I steered clear. I started talking to one of the other members here (Yoshua) and he sent me back to CaC to ask questions. Now imagine a mama who has three boys that were circ'd and one son...
this intactivism stuff really is kinda cool once you get the hang of it....even if some of you on here still scare me a bit!
The thread was pulled.....I doubt due to the misinformation though. I stuck with it until the end and I have gotten four different PM's asking me more questions....at least that was a good thing about the thread.
PM me for the update.....
For the love of Pete.......seriously...really....: : Apparently, I am a man b/c I have been arguing over "d*#%s" all day (as the person who posted so eloquently stated). She doesn't see where a woman would be debating circ all day with these huge masses of misinformation...so therefore I am a man.
Possible UA violation????
Quote: Originally Posted by Pynki I think the fact that she is seen EVERYWHERE with her kidlets shows that she DOES love them, and DOES care. So I think that is unfairly harsh. She COULD leave them when she travels with the nanny, but she did that and one of the nannied dropped one of the kids on their head and she was a bad mom for that. Hey, I don't like Brit. I don't. I do think she has some really big monster sized issues, but I don't doubt for...
My crew didn't learn in school....my fourth grader still struggles with shoe tying. He can't get them tight enough. We honestly haven't even started with our Kinder kid b/c he only has velcro shoes. I can't remember him ever having laces.