or Connect

Posts by Houdini

Edited
Quote: Originally Posted by um_hanna how can i get the fancy signature? please send the html for it Check out the first page.....fullofgrace posted how to link. I can't remember the post number, but it is about half way down I think.
Edited
Quote: Originally Posted by RiverSky Did you post in the Learning at School section, as well? I did x-post it in Learning at School as well. Quote: Originally Posted by RiverSky I have no advice for you but I would think that the assuming the 8, 9 and 11 year olds can read fluently, they should be able to manage much of their Virtual Schooling independently, especially since they WANT to. Did you give them a certain amount...
Quote: Originally Posted by LDSmomma6 Great, that's awesome. Yes, it is. I am glad he is able to understand the importance of safety in the car and realizes the consequences that could occur by not being as safe as possible when riding in a vehicle.
Quote: Originally Posted by RiverSky How old are your children? My kids are 11, 9, 8, and 5. They will be in 5th, 4th, and 3rd grades. My youngest is still going to be home with me.
Quote: Originally Posted by LDSmomma6 Yeah, but 9 isn't 12. When you were 12 would you have sat in a booster? I didn't think so. My oldest is 11.5 and sits in a booster seat everyday. He doesn't complain or gripe about it. He knows that is the safest place for him and he doesn't even question it. I have yet to encounter an issue with friends or relatives even saying anything to him about it.
Quote: Originally Posted by dharmamama I am wondering what you mean by this. What does homeschooling them properly look like to you? It sounds like no one is happy with the idea of them returning to school. Do you think that your kids could learn just as much, if not more, than schooled kids simply by following their passions? Could you relax your ideas on what they "need" to know for a while so that they can stay home until you feel able to resume...
Quote: Originally Posted by mum2a&a You know, I understand exactly what you're trying to say, but still, I'd appreciate it if you didn't imply that the majority of cops are out just to kick some ass. I think the wives and other relatives of police officers/ leo on MDC would agree. I completely agree with you. I found this statement highly offensive.
Quote: Originally Posted by bamamom Oy. I dont know what the point of that was supposed to be....unless it is in reference to the little bulge under her shirt. If this statement was in reference to my title for the thread, I was referring to the cameras in her face the entire time she was trying to walk to the game and then again as she left.