or Connect

Posts by minasmom

Thank you! These are all fantastic suggestions! I've looked into the meetup and there are some single parent ones in my area which is great. I guess I've never really thought of online communication as a way to meet real friends, lol. I"m so old that way. Are there any groups formed through MDC? --Angela
HI all, I've been separated for almost 2 yrs now and I'm having a really hard time socializing and just getting myself out there. DD visits her dad on Friday nights, but I feel like I've lost touch with so many friends, and the majority of the friends I did have were originally ex's friends that i met through him and I"m not all that comfortable with going out with them now. How do you girls get out and have a life when your limited to one night and not many...
Thanks for your reply! Do you have the author's name for that book, there seems to be a lot of books titled playful parenting at my library and I'm not sure which one to get! --Angela
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but I guess my aim is to deal with this in a gentle way so I thought I'd post here. This might be a little long. I have a 4 yr old dd who I bring to work with me as a part-time nanny. It's a great situation and the kids are great, however the boy who is 4 plays quite a few pretend games where he is killing people, usually bad guys. My dd has dropped her afternoon nap since about December and most day's I still...
Hmm, has anyone else taken this long to dry up? It seems like a really long time, especially when your all talking about weeks!!! --A
I just want to sign on to this, I want to start making toys for my dd more often!
I was coming here to ask the exact same question! However in my case its been MONTHS ... she self-weaned in July at 3.5 and 5 months later I'm still producing very small amounts of milk. Is this weird? She was an avid nurser, nursed ALL the time. I sometimes wonder if she is nursing at night, lol. No really, is that too long, can I do something to speed up the process??? thanks!
My DD is 3.5 and we split last year [with her dad not really being in the house before that as the marriage dissolved], so she really doesn't remember having a daddy live with her. However she is starting to notice that her situation is not the same as most other kids we know [i"m sure that will change when she goes to school] and she makes comments like 'daddy you can stay here and share my toys and house' which is sweet but I'd hate to think she might be getting upset...
Thank you everyone for your support. Its good to know I"m not alone. I forgot to mention she just weaned 4 months ago so that is another huge factor. I think its a good idea to treat it as 'me' time and I hope to get there one day, I know I will its just terribly hard to let her go. I"m sure it would not be as hard if she wasn't cuddled up with me every night, but that's not going to change Quote: Originally Posted by LoveOhm I don't mean to...
Hi all, I've been divorced for a year and we are just starting over-nights with DD [who is 3.5]. We are VERY attached, she sleeps with me and we are always together. [I work as a nanny to take her with me to work]. She is only going one night a week but its really stressing me out. Days before the sleep over I'm in a pissy mood and I can't sleep at all when she is gone. I KNOW she is fine there, she loves her daddy and he parents close to what I want [he co-sleeps...