or Connect

Posts by minasmom

I live in a two bedroom apartment that is over run with toys [Not to mention all the crap my ex has left here, but that is another thread ]. I basically have a play area for DD in every room. The biggest area is in my dining room, I've pushed the table to the wall and laid down a carpet to play and bins and a play kitchen. Little toys are all over the place. Also in the living/dining room is her bookcase. Her 'bedroom' that she has never used is full of toys her...
Hi all, I'm currently nursing my 30 month old and have not had the return on AF yet, so I don't really know what to base pregnancy feelings on. I'm feeling some heavyness in my lower abdomen and have started producing a LOT of discharge [clear or milky, sorry TMI?]. That's about the only symptom I've had but its pretty stong. I did one pregnancy test but it was negative, and I"m really doubting that its working at this time. ANyone else have this...
Hi, I am new as well, still not even sure if we are breaking up FOR SURE, the situation is quite complicated. However I AM in Toronto and would love to meet up ... so far I have not found any groups for single mothers. PM me if you want . We are also living together still [in an apartment no less!]. take care
Hi! I'm considering running a home daycare in Toronto, but am a little concerned about my nursing toddler who needs to nurse down for her nap. How do I handle this when I'll have other kids around who may or may not be sleeping, not sure yet how that will all work. Anyone go through this? thanks! --Angela
Well today was MUCH better, we moved DD to the toddler room and she just fit in so well there, it was nice. I stayed for a few hours then left for lunch and nap. The staff said she cried at nap time for a little bit [most likely because I still nurse her to sleep] but accepted some soy milk and went to sleep for 1.5 hours, which is WAAAY longer then she naps for me, lol. I went to get her and she was playing pretty happily so I felt TONS better today. She is still...
MissSavannahsMommy thank you so much for your encouraging words, and no i don't like hearing them but i DO like hearing that your dd is happy now and adjusted. This is so hard for me, I'm not even sure that I like the daycare, they are pretty structured like a preschool, but they put dd in the preschool room at 27 months old and the starting age is 30 months for that room so I think that might have been part of the problem, I just felt like she was getting lost in there,...
with daycare??? I was a SAHM and just recently started working part-time [in a place where there is daycare onsite and i work only 2 hours at a time]. We are just seperating now, still figuring it all out and are still living together for now. Our plan USED to be for me to stay at home with DD until she is in school and then i would go back to work, but now since we are seperating I''m finding myself in the position of having to get a job suddenly. We started DD in...
VERY interesting ways to hide the veggies! I love it, I'm going to try the smoothie thing this weekend as strawberries were on for 3 pints for $5 Thank you all for your suggestions, they have been very helpful --Angela
Well, I"m certainly glad to see I'm not alone, lol. Thank you for ALL your suggestions, apple_dumpling I'm going to check if my library has that book. I totally agree with not pushing food on her, its just that she needs to eat something BETTER then the little bit she does eat. that recipie for the veggie biscuits would be great! I have tried the annies bunnies and she gobbles them up too which is ok. Ian's mommy, she will eat pancakes sometimes, do you have a...
I know, this kind of thread has been done many times, but I'm hoping someone might help me correct some mistakes I've made with my dd eating habits. She has always been VERY sensitive to textures and did not start eating real solids until recently, she is 25 months. She will NOT eat any other fruit then an apple and veggies only if they are puree, sometimes not at all. She will really only eat things like crackers, bread, granola bars etc. I was pretty concerned about...