or Connect

Posts by minasmom

I'm subcribing to this thread, I think this is something we are going to try with dd [almost 2!]. I used to limit her a lot with the TV and it became a game of asking ALL DAY until i caved. Mostly she watched dora and little bear, but DH left the tv on this morning and she woke up to pbs kids. I agree that my saying no turned it into a forbidden fruit with her, she LOVES to watch, but then she gets bored and plays so I think this can work. I hate restricting things...
I've been trying VERY hard to keep GD top of mind, but I'm finding more and more behaviours the I"M doing are causing me stress and guilt. The worse part is that i KNOW at the time that either I'm yelling or freaking out and I don't know how to make myself stop, even when I'm so aware or it. How do you ladies work through your own stress and anger so that its not transfered to your child? Also, I'm realizing that I've taken on the behaviours that were imposed on me as a...
My dh works about the same and he is also taking two night school courses, so needless to say I'm alone a lot. I dont like it much. We have only one car as well, but I drive DH to work a lot so I can at least go to the gym. I feel your pain, but I only have one child! It will change your life to get a car I'm sure! --Angela
We live in a two bedroom with our 22 month old dd. She sleeps with us so the second bedroom is mostly storage. There are real pros and cons for me living here, I dislike the neighbourhood, its run down and looks a little scummy, but our building is really well kept and nice. I always have to GO somewhere to play or something, since parks here are likely to have smashed glass. We go to more upperscale negihbourhoods to play. We can't afford to buy so this is good for...
DD age 22 months has chicken pox really bad and has a huge one in her mouth. She is not eating much or drinking because i guess it hurts, she even fell asleep without nursing tonight! gah. Doe anyone have any suggestions how i can get her to eat more ... she is refusing and i feel like she needs more to eat then one portion of puree corn. Also, her chickenpox seems to be mostly concentrated in the vaginal/anal area, I mean a hurge red rash with pox all over. Has...
My dd got the chickenpox on monday and is into day 3 [she's almost 22 months]. I haven't given her any benadryl since she has not seemed to be in any real discomfort ... not scratching much and generally ok. She has a slight fever that i've given her tylenol for. My DH just asked me why i haven't given her benadryl yet and generally made me unsure about holding off on giving it to her. Anyone have experience with chickenpox? Should I just be giving benadryl to her...
I'm sure this question has been posted many times, but I'm having a tough time with my Ped who insists that DD is to young to be tested for allergies [21 mos] and I'm convinced she is allergic to dairy. SHe can handle eating yoguart but if she has milk or butter in large amounts she gets diareah [sp?] and a red rash on her bum. Lately she has had this rash again, looks like little pimples of varying sizes and she is quite red. She also wheezes a little while sleeping. ...
This is exactly what I do! I work 3 hours a week, on two days a week and mine and dd's membership is free! I end up going there about 5 days a week and can still get in a workout the day's that i work in the daycare. DD really likes it in there [now] and has many friends. I love it and it makes me workout more since I"m there more. go for it, its really great for me since we are very tight on $$$ and i MUST workout --Angela
On Monday I dropped a 25lb weight on my big toe [well, it rolled off the weight bench on to my toe, mental note, NEVER put weights on the bench!] and I'm pretty sure my toe is not broken but its swollen and sore. Thing is I don't want to stop working out completly while i heal, does anyone have ideas how to stay fit when limited like this??? I'm resting it but I think in a day or two I can do a few things at the gym but I want to take it easy. thanks in...
the cure, or The Cocteau Twins!