or Connect

Posts by feral007

I'm pretty sure you can, although I don't have a really recent MIMS to check it on.  I did get the Tetanus Toxoid for my daughter when she was younger, one doctor told me that it wasn't availabe.  He was a bit unhappy when I informed him that it was.  I had to find a doctor who would write the script, and then a chemist who would order it, as they mostly use the infanrix so it can be expensive.  Ali
  Umm, I beg to differ!  Ali
I think it's great that you have been able to get rid of some things, but that you feel comfortable with others around.  I recently went through photos to embarras my 18 yo's with at their party - I tried to be fair and have a few with their father in them, even tho he whinged anytime you asked him to be in a photo.  If you want to put the family photo away you could offer it to go into your child's room, or a family room if you have one, or in an album but if you feel...
I agree that he definately needs to see a professional and they will formulate a mental health care plan.  If you want to read through some things we have a site here called www.beyondblue.org.au  it has a lot of information, and they do have a lot of information for carers and family of people with depression and other mental health issues.  There are a lot of young people who suffer with varying degrees of depression - a lot of people just don't talk about it so it...
Different country (so no summer camps) but the legal age for kids to work is 14 yo here.  My boys were keen to get a job but lost interest just before they turned 14 so I didn't raise the subject till they did just before they turned 15.  TBH they were a little unfocused at 14 so I think 15 was much better for them.  They worked at a fast food outlet.  As we have a short snow season kids usually get one or two after school shifts during summer but in winter they can work...
I probably aged out before I found this site!  I have two teens that just stepped over the line into adulthood - and they don't appreciate me changing my tactics from:  I'm your mother that's why yu have to do it - to - You're an adult now that's why you have to do it!   Now that the protypes are out of the way there's just one teen left - but she's a girl so lookout!  I do like to hear from other parents of teenagers tho, and I like it when people are able to discuss...
I know you're over the 'quiick reply' but just wanted to add my ideas as well.  I did allow my daughter to get a fb a/c before she was 13 because she wanted to keep up with some of her siblings.  Her father is woeful at organising them to catch up with his other children and she missed them so much.  So a fb a/c was created, and I did remind them that it might be better to put her on a 'limited' profile.  It has been good, I haven't had a problem with her and her fb.  We...
I had 32 week twins and they pushed for an epidural block because of the risks of the 2nd twin going sideways or breech.  I knew the risks mentally and the hospital midwife discussed the fact that they would push me for one - we looked at the problem and decided on a trial epidural - so having it placed in and a test dose given to prove it would work if needed later and then I laboured naturally until pushing when I asked for a top-up.  Pushed out both babies.  I've had...
I always made sure to send the grandparents, and an aunt yearly photos because that keeps them all in touch with each other when they don't see them often and the kids are still quite young.  I think it makes the kids feel more at home too when they see their photos displayed along with other grandchildren.  And I used to get the kids to wrap any presents in their artwork and make cards for the grandparents.  Even though it's not really your job to keep your son in touch...
If it was me and this was the first time that my child was going to the grandparents place I'd ring them and say 'Hi, just wanted to touch base etc'  I'd make sure that my child had the means to contact me as well.  Not the same as your situation, but my daughter was upset after her father refused to let her phone me while she was away so I rang the phone company to discuss what options there were for 'Phone Home' calls and they were very helpful - I taught her how to...