or Connect

Posts by LadybugMamma

so i went to several BBQs this weekend, its the first nice weather we have had all spring.   At the BBQ Saturday, there were 2 other EBFing, Cosleeping, babywearing, AP moms of 2-4 month olds there and 2 of us already cloth diapered and the other intends to when she runs out of the free diapers she got at her shower. What a breath of fresh air to meet and hang out with other like minded moms! It felt very empowering to all sit around together nursing our babies,...
  this.   in our family i feel like i am doing a better job at homemaking when i am saving us money, even just a little bit, so that its as if i were being paid for staying home. cloth diapering, hang drying laundry, carefully doing laundry to save possiblly ruined clothes, making meals at home, keeping on top of the electricity usage, clipping and using coupons wisely, meal planning, bargain shopping. its the JOB part of my life. the rest, is my lifestyle. I also like...
this is what we do. although for a long time, i would sleep in a cardigan/zip up hoodie, so my arms and shoulders wouldnt get cold when she fell asleep on the brestfriend pillow, or on my chest or shoulder. we put a lap pad thing under the sheet to protect the bed for any diaper leaks or spit ups. at the very beginning, if she was next to me, her face was above my breast, kinda in my armpit so that i knew there was air flow. she has several sleep sacks since footed...
now that youve gotten past the really loud baby stuff, i would make the decision to move ds1 into his own bed. either part time or all the time, or his choice. he can always go to his own room in the early morning when ds2 wakes up, you can snuggle him when daddy has ds2.   I would be concerned that he would feel like he pushed you away.
wonderful!   you know they say to sleep when the baby sleeps? i could never sleep when i watched her sleeping, she is so beautiful. way to go to stick your ground that you know what is right for your baby and your family! your little one will thank you later.
you can see pictures of my quick clean up on my blog http://lofteeideas.blogspot.com/2011/06/quick-34-min-cleaning-session.html  
i like the idea of this thread, so im joining in, gonna go clean the kitchen and bathroom if the baby lets me. ready go! . . . . ok just finished/baby needed me and realized i didnt post this, i did look at the clock and it was  11:35 whhen i began and 12:09 when i finished so 34 mins!   i cleaned the bathroom, including adding a label to a box of extra toothpastes and stuff, squeegying the walls of the shower because my hubby forgot, found a little basket...
LVNTEXAS had a great list, most of the stuff on it is stuff you would have in your house anyway. I love camping, were going like 3 times this year at least, most of what i bring is from my regular everyday household stuff.   we dont camp in cabins, so my take on the nessesities is for tent camping   1. One sturdy flashlight w/batteries (from the kitchen drawer, we also have a power outage box with lantern and extra batteries, i pack that) 2. 2 quick dry towels-...
we have dimming sconces on either side of the bed, it remembers the last level of light when you turn it off so i just hit the switch and it goes back to the light it was at until i turn it off again.   for diapers, i used to just turn the main light on. when i switched to cloth diapers, i would double stuff them, I usually change her right before we go to bed, and again in the  morning when there is plenty of daylight. so i no longer need to change at night, its...
here it is   http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/baby-water.html