or Connect

Posts by LadybugMamma

So although I hadn't planned on it, we gave our daughter a pacifier when she was 1 month old. She had colic and I had a hormonal headache since she was born. The pacifier helped calm her down and gave DH a way to soothe her. I would like to be able to nurse her to soothe her when she's not hungry but she spits me out and squirms away, upset. The pacifier calms her. I would like her to nurse for comfort because It helps keep supply up. In fall, I'll be going back to school...
I agree with this response. The only plan you should make is to stand up for yourself, educate yourself, be flexible. Set yourself up for success. Things happen, even the perfect mom could need all kinds of help.
My first (only, so far) was born naturally, no pit, no pain meds, in a hospital with a midwife. I would have gone with homebirth if my husband was more comfortable with the idea and if insurance woulda paid for a midwife who would birth at home. I had to have oxygen for about 20 minutes just before I pushed. The hospital has policy to administer pitocin after birth to help shrink the uterus and prevent bleeding. I bled very little, my midwife joked she would have to fib...
Sounds like you have the best plan, be flexible. We didn't plan on cosleeping although I loved co sleeping with my niece when I would take her to give my brother & her mommy a break when they lived with me. Ellie has an amazingly beautiful hand made ( by my uncle) bassinet. It's a great place for pillows and blankets in the bedroom. My husband and I used to sleep with seperate blankets because I would hog the blanket too much. Then we got a king sized comforter. We packed...
My brothers gf was talking to a cps rep when she made a visit to our house about her ex husbands drinking around her daughter. The rep states that it doesn't even matter if it's legal or not, if the kids are cared for, that's all cps cares about. So as long as the crack pipe is out of kids reach and they are fed clothed and not hurt, there isn't anything cps would do. That might just be the case at her department, I don't know what it may be like where you are. Lots of...
You've gotten lots of great advice. I would just add, ask for help. Ask the neighbor friend if she has a friend to introduce you to. See if there is a moms club in your area. Meet other moms, they could imagine how hard it will be and would probably love to help. With playdates, laundry service, dishes duty, whatever. As much as I think tv does too much babysitting, returning is fine in moderation, allow the kids to each pick 1 movie a day, stream Netflix or have the 20yr...
I used a heating pad all.the.time in the last couple months, i can tell you, when my water broke in the living room, (at full term) I was no where near dried up.
We made a birth plan to avoid medication, avoid vaginal exams and delay cord clamping. My water broke at home at 11:20ish. My contractions started by the time we got into the car, and were 3 minutes apart. I breathed through the contractions using the jacuzzi a lot. I also enjoyed kneeling over the back of the couch looking out at the creek out the hospital window. Most of the contractions were a blur and seemingly in no time, (7hours) I was holding my daughter. She...
We started cloth diapering at about 6 weeks and I wish I would have started earlier. We use mostly prefolds with thirsties covers but we have about 9 pocket diapers my hubby prefers. We use them all the time except for a 4 day trip out of town.