or Connect

Posts by xDaisyx

Oh, this is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you sooooo much WednesdayO!!!!
Hello Mammas!   As mentioned in my other threads we are thinking about moving to the RTP area. I've read all the older threads started by other mammas that had been in the same boat, but I'm still kind of clueless about what would work for us. since we are visiting in a in a couple of weeks *yeaks* I'm trying to narrow down the neighborhoods to check out, and I'm also interested in towns outside of Durham/CH that may be interesting for us.   so, here is our wishlist -...
Hello everyone!   We are thinking about moving to Durham/CH (not exactly sure yet) and are visiting from Monday, April 28 till Saturday, May 3rd. We are going to have our 4 year old son with us. one day we are going to be busy with a realtor, but the rest of the time we are free.   I'm in search of things to do with him. so far, I have the children's museum in Chapel Hill and a couple of library events. Is there anything else you could think of that might be fun for an...
Just to update this thread. Thanks again for all your responses! We've decided on the RTP area. We will be visiting the area next month and check it out   I'm soooo excited.   I think, I'm going to start a new thread in the "Find your tribe" area to ask for more help on finding the right neighborhood, etc.
Thank you so so much for taking the time to write all your responses!   We are looking for somewhere that is similar to the RTP area. Maybe up and coming and therefore not as "expensive"? If I had to say, my ideal price range (which is not the same as my husbands is no more than $1000 a month rent for a smallish 3 bedroom house in a city neighborhood with a library, kid friendly, homeschool community etc. Right now we can only rent, but it would be nice if housing...
We are currently in Europe, but are seriously considering going back to the Us.   What we would like: - We need a place where my DH can work as a consultant, teacher, trainer and coach in Human Resources and where there are plenty of opportunities to do so. I.e. banks, insurances, tech companies. - we would like to live in a relatively urban area where there are neighborhoods within the city - Rather worm and sunny climate (health issues) - Universities not too far...
We use to have a similar issue. But, my son has moved on to playmobil - now I have a different kind of problem - too many small parts ;-)   My thought was to put them under a desk or on top of a piece of tall furniture?
My DC is four and has a loooong list of wishes. He plays nicely by himself and I'm so tempted to buy stuff between holidays/birthdays to enhance his play. Just around Christmas he got into Playmobil and none of his gifts I had already bought were playmobil sets. He adores the castle. Fortunately, we got one as a gift from a friend who's son no longer plays with it. He is so happy and it gets played with daily. Well, as it goes with Playmobil there is always some option to...
I would just let her cry. It's good to cry, stay with her and let her get it all out. She will learn early enough to "suppress" her feelings to hid her vulnerable side. I actually would encourage her to get it all out and then shower her with love. She is only 4 years old and at home is the place where she can be herself and accepted the way she is. Has she expressed the wish to learn to calm herself?  I'm just learning to handle this as well. I can recommend the book...
start 21 27 kids clothes outgrown 1 toy sold $8 5 baby toys sold $40 1 old scissor 21+34=55/2014, $48