or Connect

Posts by Dove84

I am tandem nursing- my EBF 5 m old and 20 m old toddler who nurses basically every time the baby does, and more, in the day.  I've always struggled with keeping weight on, and I am also fully recovered from an eating disorder.  Since nursing these two I've been losing weight too much, right now I am 117 lb and 5'6 1/2''.  I cannot afford to lose more weight and would like to gain some (I look/feel best around 128 lb, I haven't been that high since before becoming pg...
we do lots of these- making clothes, cloth diapers, hanging laundry, making music together... I'd love to grow some food for us, when my husband can get a garden patch put in!
Thanks for that info aviva.  I personally don't mind the steeped RRL tea, but find the infusions (I'd leave it close to 24 hrs,) hard to choke down, even with a straw and honey.  I actually haven't drank any since Tuesday, as I had a stomach flu and since then the thought of drinking the infusion makes me nauseous .  Maybe I'll try some steeped tea for now, it will be better than nothing.  I'm 39+ wks and feeling plently of contractions, not painful but definitely strong...
Katealicia, as soon as I began reading your post I thought Lip Tie!  Tongue Tie! lol  I'm so glad you were able to find out about it right away, as it took us nine months, much pain, and DD losing weight/FTT before we found out.  (she gained very well for the first 3 months due to my ample supply)  We had her lip and tongue lasered by a dentist a few weeks ago and don't regret it at all.  It can take a while for baby to learn to relatch properly- my DD still hasn't got...
Congrats Katealicia!  Hope all is going well with you both!  My labour with DD was less than 4 hours and intense as you say!
I just asked my MW about having DD there and she said it was fine with them, if we are comfortable with it the MW's are ok.  Just to watch DD and see how she is handling it.  We didn't go into details as we've pretty much decided to have some friends take DD if my labour is in the daytime, we already had a family offer to watch her.  My labour with DD was short (less than 4 hours) so if it's short again it certainly won't be a big deal to have her away a few hours.  I'd...
We're debating this with DD, she will be 15 m old when her sibling is born (homebirth) We have no family here, no one to stay at our house and watch her, so our only options are to have her at the birth (and DH supervising her) or to have her stay at a friends house.  She has only been separated from us once, for one hour.  I don't know what would be more traumatic for her, watching my labour and birth or going to a near strangers house for perhaps a day.  Hopefully this...
Thanks for the info on the essential oil, herbsgirl, I think I will start the massage for as long as I can stand and use some oils.    bratgirl1, there are a lot of positive birth stories if you read this whole thread (I read it before DD was born)  I posted my birth story a while back, here it is   I drank a bag of TM a day starting about 15 weeks, then at about 30 something weeks I began to drink an infusion of three bags of TM per day, also took 3 capsules and...
I definintely will be teaching my daughters about FA too, I wish I had known about it long ago!    I get acupuncture as it's good for pregnancy in general, nausea etc. and if I 'have' to induce (due to government regulations, grrr) then it's a good option.  It doesn't hurt at all, most of the needles I can't even feel, it's even a bit relaxing.    I've been seeing an osteopath as well as I had some back/hip pain and she said that my pelvis was off, so that's helped...
I am 35 wks and now up to 3/4 c RRL steeped overnight, I drink a cup with each with lunch and dinner.  I was finding it very difficult to drink but realized it was probably the nettles I was adding in- for some reason I just can't stand nettle tea.   So now I drink it plain.   herbsgirl, you mentioned perinal massage in the first pregnancy - I did and didn't tear in the perinum at all.  Now DH has been reminding me to do it this time around and I am finding it soooo...