or Connect

Posts by Dove84

Thanks for that info, I wasn't sure about the bone broths as they weren't on The List.  I have them nearly every day, DH not so much, but I'll try and get him into them.  He eats great at home but sometimes he'll buy breakfast or lunch out and he doesn't understand whats wrong with 'regular' grains or a bit of processed food or sugar.    Where did you get the quote from Dr. Price from?  I'd love to show it to my DH.
If you can get to the Regina or another good farmers market right now they have lots of produce for decent prices as it is getting to the end of the year and the farmers (finally) have an abundance.
Well I still haven't started GAPS.  My DH is worried that I won't get enough calories, nutrition etc. and also about my detoxing while pg.  He does have a point, I am ALWAYS hungry lol!  For breakfast I have 2 slices sourdough bread slathered in pastured butter and, recently, peanut butter, and 2 eggs with raw cheese and coconut oil, sometimes a slice of bacon, and I'm hungry a couple of hours later!  It's crazy (and I've only gained 10 lb at 25 weeks along).  I don't...
Love my Ergo as well.  I have a homemade wrap, ring sling and an Ergo, and for a slightly older baby I like it the best!  DD is long and thin (29'' and about 17 lb) and she fits into it perfectly.  My DH has even worn her in it.  I do manage to nurse her in it, so far I hate nursing in carriers/slings but the Ergo works best out of the three I have, for an older baby.  I am 24 weeks pg and can still carry her comfortably.  Also, the sleeping hood is the BEST!  Until a...
I prefer to get most things off the farm, where possible.  Is there a farmers market where you live?  There is one in Regina on Wed and Sat.   We get chickens, some beef, pork, lard, etc from here, they also have eggs:   http://www.coolspringsranch.ca/   We get eggs each week and some produce (they have a CSA)   http://thegreenranch.ca/   We have some beef from them and will be getting half a side in the...
Yesterday we saw a biological dentist about having my husband's amalgams removed.  DH was telling the dentist how he needed 18 injections of anethestic in less than 2 hours when he was having his wisdom teeth removed last year, and the dentist said he is too acidic, so they did a PH test and he was very acidic.   They gave us a whole list of acid vs alkaline foods.  Alkaline foods you are supposed to eat 80-100% of, veg, fruit (not great for someone with rampant...
My husband spent his first 6 years on a farm in Northern Portugal eating everything fresh off the farm, including raw milk (which is why he loves it now!) he has also lived in Lisbon and Algarve.  Yes, they do eat rice AND potatoes in the same meal, I always thought it was so weird lol but my hubby is really happy when I make both at once :)   HouseofPeace, that nice to hear that your first son was TT but the rest weren't!  I can hope :)  I'm still confused on the...
ImogenSkye, I hope you will all start feeling better in a warmer climate!  I've been to the area of Canada you are moving too- it is beautiful!  Wish I could convince DH to move there :)   Kmamma, thanks for sharing that on whole vs. refined grains.  My DH hates brown rice, he says growing up in Portugal they ate basmati (white).  I on the other hand, don't care for white rice, I find it very bland and not satisfying at all. 
I agree that it depends on the placenta, DD was anterior and I didn't feel much until 20+ weeks.  This little guy is posterior and I felt kick at 14 w and he was kicking a book off my tummy at 18 weeks, lol.  I feel waaaay more movement than with DD.  My MW says she has one client who felt movement at 11 weeks....
ImogenSkye, I found this:   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/706203/do-you-think-tongue-tie-is-related-to-diet   There doesn't seem to be much info at all on the cause of TT.    My DD is 11 m and was diagnosed with TT, and lip tie, 2 m ago, after she had lost weight since 14 wks of age and bascially I had no supply.  We can't get anyone locally to fix it (utterly ridiculous) and can't afford to travel 3000 km to Ottawa or NY atm.  I'm worried about her...