or Connect

Posts by Dove84

I think GD testing is just something 'routine' now as I am not overweight and they still want me to do it.    Why are you having trouble eating eggs/protein, is it an aversion?  I'm confused about the grains part too now, it seems like some sources say sprouted/sourdough is good and others that it's still not that great... if you have a good source so sourdough I'd go with that as it's bound to be better than regular bread.  I don't remember how far you are along but...
I am in Canada and was planning to order off Amazon.ca but they don't carry the book new anymore.  So I'll just get it from the library for now, as well as a DVD and cookbook.    I'm not sure what the deal is on bacon, the website says avoid processed foods, but this bacon is naturally made by the farmer/leader of our local WAPF chapter so I know there is nothing bad added.  I really love bacon :D  Anyway I've decided to start next Monday so am collecting recipes and...
I am 5' 6 3/4'' when I conceived DD I was 128 lb (my highest weight ever) basically eating a SAD diet.  I gained 32 lb in my pregnancy and after DD was born we started eating TF and the weight just melted off- I was 116 lb when we conceived #2.  I was still nursing DD but we had had a lot of trouble BFing from the start and she wasn't gaining weight (tongue-tied) so she was only 6.5 months old when we conceived #2. 
I would like to start the GAPS diet as well.  I am a bit nervous as I am 21 wks pregnant, but I really feel it's something I should do ASAP before I pass my bad flora onto baby #2.  I am hoping my DH will join me (even in the full, and we can go back and do the intro if necessary).   I want my DD to join us as well- she has reflux and yeast issues as well as occasional rashes and dirrhea; she has not had grains yet but has had potatoes (and loved them!).  I don't...
My DH definitely has some conditions like digestive troubles, lack of energy, mucsle/joint aches, asthma which started a few years ago (last night he was up until 4 am coughing b/c he hates taking a puffer) so I think the diet would be very beneficial for him.  I've decided to go on the full GAPS myself, and hopefully he will join me.  I've just ordered a food processor and will have to get the book from the library, as it is not available to purchase on amazon.ca.  I'm...
Welcome, Martaluna and Maybesparrow!  Right now I have about 2 cups of raw milk a day (we get 2 gallons a week and DH and I usually polish it off well in advance ) and I don't find it bothers me at all, although I had a week of very upset tummy when I first started.  I also have raw cheese at least 1x a day (on my eggs for BF) and yogurt. I am really interested in the GAPS diet too, I read the book a few months ago but I couldn't find any info on if it was safe to...
Thanks, 1love4ever, it is a huge relief.  I'm really sad that she is not getting much from me anymore, but at least she is growing and thriving.  The ped yesterday said she is doing great, so much more alert, mobile etc. and to continue on with whatever we are doing.  :)
I am now 18 weeks with #2 and have been drinking RRL on and off for a few weeks, but trying to get more consistent now.  I'm still not crazy about the taste, but a spoon of honey helps.  I ordered 6 lb from Mountain Rose Herbs and that is a lot!!!!  can I freeze it for the next pregnancy (probably in 2-3 years?)  I doubt I'll use it all as I do infusions.   I was drinking nettle and planning on adding alfalfa this time, but then I've been reading some info on how...
I wouldn't take her off milk/formula yet.  My DD at tons of the same solids as yours and while her nutrient levels were good, it was not enough calories for her (I BF but b/c of tongue tie she wasn't getting much milk anymore) and she was losing weight, not developing etc.   Now we give her raw milk- not the full formula, but I add gelatin, cream, whey, probiotics.  She LOVES it.  I tried giving her formula one day when we ran out of milk and she screamed and refused...
I got pg when DD was only 6 months old!!  I didn't know all the info about spacing, but I really, really wanted our first two close in age.   Do you have any more info on the tongue/lip tip?  We just found out DD has it and it has caused us so many problems with BFing etc.  Do you have any info on diet causing it?  I'd love to prevent it in our future children.   We've been supplmenting DD with a raw milk version of the formula (I can't get all the ingredients,...