or Connect

Posts by Dove84

Just a confirmation that the TF/BLW way works and is good for baby!  We were at the hospital today b/c DD has been having issues, losing weight, not BF-ing well etc which we think is due to her tongue and lip tie.  Anyway, at the hospital they did a full work up of blood and I was a bit nervous about her iron and some of her levels and that they'd pressure me to give her baby cereal etc.  but turns out her levels were all perfect and the dr even said we were doing a good...
Wow, looks pretty complicated!  Maybe I'll stick to yogurt!
We started DD at 6.5 months.  We do mostly baby-led weaning, feeding her table foods (everything is homemade) and she didn't really 'eat' much at first just played, but now she LOVES food.  We don't do grains either.  She will eat anything we give her, I do spoon feed her yogurt and soup, and she loves it too.  As long as food is getting into her tummy, she doesn't care how it gets there   Lots of people have different theories as to when you start, but I feel as long as...
I try to follow the guidelines of WAP, and am also looking into the Brewer diet: http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/id89.html
Thanks for the info on the fish, that's crazy about the Tilapia!  I won't be buying it again!   I started on the Chlorella, I bought the powder and it's pretty gross, like drinking seawater.  Maybe I'll get tablets next time...   I'm basically just following the serving suggestions on the Brewer diet http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/id89.html and using TF.  I like ticking off what I had each day as it reminds me to eat enough especially of protein and milk...
I'd like to make cottage cheese out of my raw milk.  Any tips or directions on how to do so?   Thanks!
No, I don't have mercury fillings, but Dh does, is that a concern if he takes Chlorella too?
1love4ever- I'm going to try the chlorella, I've been wanting to do a mild de-tox but wasn't sure how or when as I'll probably be either pg or nursing for a looooong time lol.  I'm just turned 28 but look about 18-20 definitely check out The Garden of Fertility if you can, it's very helpful.   Has anyone looked into the Brewer diet?  BetsyPage, it is supposed to prevent all those pregnancy problems www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/ www.blueribbonbaby.org/ It can...
1love4ever- BTW way thanks for the info about the ice cream, sippy cups etc I'll look out for stainless steel.  I just saw some Chlorella at the health food store today, it sounds really good.  Do you know if it's ok during pregnancy since it has a mild detox?   Um no we don't have any help!  Our family is all over the world and I don't think anyone is going to come over, DH wants his dad and stepmom to come even if we have to pay for it (from Europe) but I don't...
I have some raw cream that is two weeks old and it doesn't smell good.  Could it be bad or is it just gone sour?  I hate to throw it out, but if it's just sour I'll try to use it in cooking... on the other hand I don't want anyone to get sick....