or Connect

Posts by mommymidwife2b

I am throwing around the idea of hiring a birth photographer at our home birth in April. I can only find one photographer that specifically does birth photography and that is in Madison and also very pricey for us.  I am thinking of maybe calling/messaging some photographers in our area to see if they would be interested in doing it. Seems a bit strange I think, but if someone has been throwing around the idea of doing it but does not have much experience... I think that...
I believe she checks for sugar in the urine at every prenatal.   I'll just discuss it with her, I want to make sure this isn't something that is going to cause a fuss as we get closer to the DD. 
I was never tested for GD last pregnancy, but I never had any indicators of it. I am just thrown off because I trust my midwife... so if shes concerned, I am thinking "am I too relaxed about it?"
I am expecting #4 in April, and my midwife is suggesting that I change my diet in order to prevent the baby from getting too large. My first 2 girls were both about 8 1/2 lbs, but #3 was 10 lbs 2 oz. She was born at home after a 20 hour labor (much longer than my first 2, but it was also my first without pitocin.)  I felt like when we discussed this she was suggesting that my youngest was a "tight fit" baby. I never questioned my ability to birth another large baby up...
I am fan of both on facebook already.
Took the evaluation, its seems we have a spatial leaner on our hands... but I think we already knew that! 
From the Target Nurse in Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/208472545898745/ "Recently a mama was nursing her babe in a local Houston area Target. When she was asked to move to a private location, she refused, and was harassed and humiliated by three separate employees. She then called Target's corporate customer service number and was told by a representative, and then her supervisor that they were aware of the laws, but that just because something is lawful...
I youtubed whooping cough and it sounds similar to her cough. Hers is not as severe as what those children have. The reason I am freaking out is because I know so little about it. Baby herself does not even seem really sick, just occasional coughing fits. I think if I knew more about it I would feel a lot better. Then again as you stated I could be way off the mark. I have not ruled out croup.
I think my 5 month old has whooping cough. I am freaking out a bit. I don't know what to do, if I take her to the pediatrcian they will prescribe antibiotics, are there any downsides to this?  I mean I know there are but remind me again.  She is ebf.
I am not sure where to post this. But I thought maybe parents who don't vaccinate might be able to help me figure out what to do. I always grew up in a family who did whatever the dr said. Now I question alot. I know if I call her pediatrician they will put her on an antibiotic and I am questioning if this is the right route. What are the down sides of it? What can I do to strengthen her immune system? Natural remedies? Help, I am trying to stay rational here, but to be...