or Connect

Posts by Trinitty

Hello everyone,   I haven't had much time to post over the years but wanted to let you know that Susan Forward has a new book. Many of us found her Toxic Parents and Emotional Blackmail books helpful, so I wanted to flag her new one: "Mothers Who Can't Love: A Healing Guide for Daughters"   http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-Who-Cant-Love-Daughters-ebook/dp/B00BATILFG/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388198457&sr=1-1&keywords=Susan+Forward   I hope you are all having a...
Tigerchild, it's so lovely to see you still here. Since actually having children I have neglected to come here much as I would like and it is great to see you, your advice is worth gold. Jonathan911, excellent advice as well. OP: I just wanted to say you have my sympathy. Write the letter but don't send it. Have a serious sit down with yourself and figure out your boundaries. Establish them and stick to them. Keeping things superficial is safer when dealing with...
Hey ladies. Dr. Forward has another book for us. It's very good. Trin   http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-Who-Cant-Love-Daughters/dp/0062204343/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1371677085&sr=1-2
Hello, You are not responsible for your mother's behaviour. Another vote for the book Toxic Parents by Dr. Susan Forward. Good luck. Trin
So.... Is this time of year, Mother's Day, difficult for most of the other ladies on here? It's just awful. Trying to enjoy it with my own family while constantly hearing the sentimental ads on tv and radio, in shops, etc. Do people really have these kinds of open honest and healthy connections? Amazing. Trin
Hi. Sorry to only be lurking. I am SO sorry for those of you who are here, and those of you who had been sexually and physically abused. We have an estrangement and deep problems... but I am thankful I escaped that kind of evil that some of you endured. Be well. Trin.
OP:   You are doing everything RIGHT.   Have no fear. You cannot spoil a baby or hold him or her too much.   Ignore your Mom's condescending tone, she might just be defensive about her own parenting, and you shouldn't allow that to affect the way you hold and nurture your wee one.   Keep up the great work.   Trin.
Hi there Mommas, Does anyone have a Canadian website they use to order raspberry leaf in bulk? Not stuffed in with other things to make tea, blah, blah, just the dried leaf? Thanks in advance! Trin.
Bumping. Still looking for some play groups. Thanks for looking. Trin.  
Hello there, Anyone still on here from Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia? We have family here and just moved to Bridgewater from Ottawa, leaving behind a great clan of friends. We'd love to find a nice play group for our four year old daughter so she can make some new friends in our new home. Where should I do my searching? We homeschool for now. The Waldorf School in Block House looks nice, but it's very expensive. Let me know where the best places are. Trin.