or Connect

Posts by tccandlsccmom

16 years.  2 years separated (we were not married, so just voided the powers of attorney, etc.).  And he regularly reminds me, by being such an a$$, why leaving him was the best decision I ever made for me and the kids.
Legally, he can't get out of court-ordered support.  But if, like my ex, he is not working....well...  Also, I was not married but we were domestic partners, holding properties with joint and several liability...and if he is approved for bankruptcy, the over $300K in underwater amounts on the 2 foreclosed houses would transfer to me entirely...I suspect your situation is different....   Stay strong!
First, CONGRATULATIONS on the great pendente lite order....though it seems the only fair thing, sometimes courts don't come out the right way.  As for the money, I concur with PP: other than the child support (and the part that has a deadline), you could be waiting a VERY long time.  Or (not to scare you, but...) - be faced with a filing of bankruptcy by him as I am, which for all but the child support may wipe out (under law) the tens of thousands my ex owes me...and...
I have no answers for you, but can tell this is really a hard time, so wanted to send you a hug...
You will feel a sense of accomplishment from this, and congrats on the job!  Onward!!!!!!!
Sounds like you are on the right track for you and your kids.  You need an attorney at the hearing, IMHO, because it sounds like your STBX is trying to set you up.  My ex made all sorts of false accusations that he backed up with affidavits (from his sister and best friend) that had the first judge at my temporary hearing believing his side of the story...even though I had an attorney we hadn't been prepared for it, and were caught off-guard.  The second hearing (when I...
This is a tough one, because she is four and likely less able to understand. From my perspective, I think a short supervised get-together with you there might be a good option, with a directive that next time he needs to give you more notice and that consistent parenting is essential to your daughter's emotional health...
Are they in therapy?  My daughter has worked through a lot of fear of her dad with her therapist, who was also very helpful in terms of the Guardian ad Litem...
I was not married on purpose, rather in a long-term (more than a decade) domestic partnership including mortgages together, power of attorney, etc.  We got pregnant by choice both times for both kids.  But now we are in a horrid custody battle as I left him and he didn't want it to end.  Also in court (separate action) about settling the assets.  Totally exhausting....but being without him is ultimately worth it!
So, my first full year apart from ex-DP. I survived his filing suit for sole custody and him winning the first court battle through lies (but losing the second one badly once I had a chance to put actual facts in the record), and him not willing to mediate and us hemorrhaging money we don't have for a fight he can't win.  Despite that, my kids are thriving, I am not altogether unhappy, my job is going pretty darn well (I moved for this job almost a year and a half ago),...