or Connect

Posts by Dana Munnings

Hi there,  I can't seem to find the solution to our sidecar problem. The place where our king mattress meets the crib mattress is not seemless and dips a lot. The problem is that the crib mattress is not supported underneath by anything because we pushed it over to our mattress. We have pool noodles in the gap at the the other end but it just isn't comfortable and probably not safe because of the dip. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?    I'm also wondering if the...
Hi there,  I have a gorgeous 10 month old girl who is extremely busy and squirmy in all area of life. She is always moving!! I've been struggling through the night lately because she is hurting me while nursing since she is moving so much! She sleeps with us for the majority of the night. She tries to turn on her belly while nursing, squeezes my skin, pushes me with her feet, pops on and off....it's just crazy! She seems to get worse closer to the morning. I am finding...
For me, it has always been the easiest and fastest way to get my child to calm down and fall asleep!  Remember all the good antibodies too!! 
Sounds like my girl. I think it did get worse around 3/4 months. It's so hard. Keep going!    I also meant to tell you all that the way I get her back to sleep is just nurse her back. It most often works.    Thanks for the input :) 
Hi there,  I'm struggling to keep my daughter asleep in the evening and wondered if you all had any suggestions. We mostly cosleep. She sometimes starts out in the pack n play beside our bed if I can successfully move her, sometimes not. My daughter will be 7 months next week. I put her to sleep around 7 or 8, she falls asleep nursing, then wakes up about 45 minutes later ( I know this is normal) but then she continues to wake up about 3 or 4  more times after about 15...
Hi there!    I have been researching about sidecarring a crib. I think it may be a better solution for us to sidecar a toddler bed. I noticed that Ikea has some that "grow" with the child and also has sides on one side. Has anyone sidecarred a toddler bed? Is this safe? We would like something smaller than a single bed, but find a crib mattress not too comfy.    My daughter is 6 months old today!   I like the idea of me being able to lie right in the bed with...
Hi there I'm thinking about sidecarring my daughter's crib. She is constantly in the bed with us, which is fine, but I'd like a little more space.  I'm wondering how people put sheets on both. I actually tried to sidecar a while ago and hated how the crib mattress felt with a bump in it. I'd like to get a mattress connector from Bed bath and Beyond to make it comfier but then I don't know how I would put a sheet over our king and the crib?  I'd love to hear how you...