or Connect

Posts by nisojon

I'm on baby #3 and all three of my kids have had reflux - the first didn't needs meds, the second did but outgrew it by 4/5months and now baby#3 is 8 months and still having pretty significant reflux. She's been taking Ranitidine since she was 4 weeks. She cried a lot for her first 3 months (even though we were pretty sure that she had a sweet temperament) but is less fussy nowadays, though we can tell when her reflux is bothering her more when she becomes little miss...
Beautiful, redemptive story. Congratulations to your whole family.  
I love this thread. So interesting! My first, DD, was super active in-utero - kicking the the midwive's stethoscope and doppler all the way through contractions until she was in the birth canal and couldn't get leverage anymore :) She was 5 days past EDD but she's a fearless, determined girl to this day. Makes it clear when something/someone is bugging her. My second, DS, was also active, though less sever kicking and more yoga moves (loved to do frog-legs, which is not...
Our kids have bed-shared off and on since ds was old enough to climb out of his crib (21 months). They're now almost 6 (dd) and almost 4 (ds). We live in a developing country where we slept on mats on the floor for three years and it was perfectly normal for us to all sleep in one room due to cold in the winter (electricity gets cut out and it can get cold in the middle of the night) and hot in the summer (one "bed" room had a/c, the other didn't). They've been really...
Love it! Beautiful birth story. We also have an Emmett and he came much faster than we expected. He's 3 1/2 now and has been a total joy. May yours continue to be a huge blessing to your family.  
I totally feel for you. I did hypnobirthing with my first baby (who's almost 6 now). I'm a reader so I also read Birthing From Within and some other stuff too, but I did the Hypnobirthing class and practiced all the things you're supposed to and all that and boy was I shocked with how much pain even early labor brought! I was also in denial (for other reasons) and when I found myself in the hospital, in pain and only 3cm dilated I was really worried about how the rest of...
Hi, I couldn't find the welcome thread so sorry if this is the wrong place. I'm expecting #3 around June 3rd. I have a 5 yr old girl and 3 yr old boy and we aren't finding out who this little one is til s/he makes their appearance. We live overseas and have been in the states for 5 months. We're heading back to our home in Central Asia on Thursday so I thought I'd reach out to this online forum as even though we don't always have electricity where we live - we have...
Hi, I'm an American who lives in Central Asia and pregnant with #3 due in late May/early June. I'll most likely give birth in Germany (we have family in Karlsruhe) or Chiang Mai, Thailand. I know it sounds a little wild but it's our life :) I'm wondering if anyone can recommend midwives in Karlsruhe? Thanks!
jpack - so sorry! How sad and disappointing. Grace and wisdom to you and you consider what to do. doularebekah - hoping for a lovely LP for you that leads to a BFP!
Filiadeluna - lots of empathy being sent out your way - can you feel it? :) 15 months is a long time of trying. I didn't start having really "solid" cycles again after my #2 until I weaned him (he was 28months) - we both started sleeping better too. My best friend had a hard time getting pregnant until her toddler was weaned too. There really may be something to those BF hormones but it seems that there are plenty of people who get pregnant while BF toddlers so I'm sure...