or Connect

Posts by ccsunflower

Definitly!  I miss my top loader.  Thanks for the advice. 
They're prefolds.
I am having bad ammonia problems.  The babe has a lot of burns on her skin from the ammonia and the diapers stink.  I just moved and now I have a high efficiency machine.  I used to use a top loader and now my diapers are stinky and burn the babe's skin.  I have an old HE washing machine.  So, all I have is the ability to change temp and cycle length.  I don't have a soak or rinse option and I can't increase the amount of soil.  I do have an extra rinse option, which I...
Here's me at 18 weeks! A close up of the belly.  I love this shot!
I am still working, although it is only about 20 hours a week.  I am having lots of trouble with lower back/sciatica pain and so by the end of my shift, since I have to stand, I can barely stand anymore sometimes.  The doctor says this pain may not go away while I'm pregnant.  I am only going to work for another month and then we're moving.  So, I'm going to suffer through since I don't really work too much.  I'm not sure if I'm going to work when we move.  It depends on...
I see no problem saying no gifts please.  If people want to give you something then they'll probably ask you what you want.  Even if you don't want stuff they can maybe help with buying materials for you to make things with.  If you get gifts anyway that you don't want you might be able to bring them back and if not you could always donate them if you don't want it.  I would just say we are having a mama blessing party and gifts are not necessary.  Since you won't be...
I pretty much imagine the clothes will eventually come off.  Maybe just a robe for when I'm not in the tub.  To start probably a nightgown.  I don't know if I'll want pj pants on or not.  I doubt the husband is getting naked with me.  
We have a crazy long list of names, but we have some that we really like.  For a girl Ophelia, Lorelei, Wendy, Hillary, Gweniveve, Ellie or Celia.  For a boy Clinton, Skylar, Sidney, Alex, Aaron, Ben, Damian, Ethan, Tucker, or Tobias.  Middle names I think will come easy.  My favorites are Ophelia and Lorelei for a girl and I'm not sure for a boy.  We made a list awhile ago and it's gotten put between packing, planning the move and DH is finishing his thesis up.  He's...
I haven't even started looking for stuff.  I have a list of stuff I want but nothing picked out.  I don't want too much stuff before we move.  So, it'll probably be October before we buy anything large at least.  I think my in-laws are getting us a stroller.  Maybe I can talk my parents into getting us a crib.  My husbands brother has finished having his babies and says he's giving us his canoe crib(hangs from the ceiling), car seat, swing, and bouncy chair.  I'm not...
We've started packing for the big move.  We packed up a lot of stuff, but we haven't touched our storage room in the basement...not looking forward to that.  It's a slight disaster.  It's definitely exhausting packing.  Plus the whole sciatica problem makes it unpleasant.  Although, at work yesterday it didn't hurt that bad.  So, that was exciting!  My husband is finishing up his thesis for his masters degree and he's been super stressed out.  At least he has a deadline...