or Connect

Posts by Jennifer B

I used the Bradley Method for my first four births.  This time around I am taking the Hypnobabies (different from hypnobirthing) home study course.  I am very happy with what I am learning and I'm looking forward to a relaxed and easy birth this time around.  On BabyCenter there is an entire group devoted to hypnobabies with experienced moms that can answer many questions about the program. You can also search here on Mothering for more information on the various...
I should preface my remarks with the fact that I am VERY high risk with this pregnancy and therefore I am a bit cautious.   That said, if you are feeling crampy, the first thing to do is to drink a big glass of water and lay down for an hour, preferably on your left side.  If you are still feeling crampy, start timing the cramps.  If they are regular and don't go away after resting for an hour, contact your health care provider.   I have had two bouts of pre-term...
I tested positive and will be receiving antibiotics when I go into labor.  I don't like the idea, but I have already lost one child (to a different illness) and I know what happens when a newborn runs a fever.  I would rather take the antibiotic hit myself than put another child through what my DS went through.   My fourth (a homebirth) started running a fever 3 days after he was born.  He was immediately admitted to the pediatric ward of the hospital and they...
Having named both my boys names that start with D, I would not recommend choosing another D name.  We are forever mixing the names.  The girls all have different first letters and it is much easier.    
Hmmm.... my previous post is showing up blank for me.      If I make it to Halloween, here's what I'm thinking about doing...   http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/10/our-last-minute-adult-costumes.html    
Providing I make it to Halloween, here's the costume I was thinking about...  
Thank you Jaimee and Thesan83!   Jamiee, I had seen your earlier post, but was unable to get the link to open.  Thanks to Thesan83's hint I got it now.  With the meal you ate, did the bread matter?  Whole wheat versus white?  How much peanut butter and milk?  With my previous midwife I was allowed to do a meal, but it was extremely specific, and so many years ago that I can't recall it.    I think having a study for the jelly beans will have the most value to my...
Does anyone have SPECIFIC information on alternatives?  My doctor *may* be open to me doing an alternative to the drink, *if* I can find specific information to present to him.  I have web searched for hours but have found only generic references, not specific information.     
I also lost a baby prior to this pregnancy and am labeled "very" high risk.  I have multiple risk factors with this pregnancy and can totally relate to your fears.  We have finally started buying things for this baby, but I can not bring myself to unpackage items and I am keeping receipts with everything.  My fears are multiplied by the knowledge that this will be my last pregnancy, no matter how it ends - there are no more chances for me.  :(  I worry EVERY SINGLE DAY...
I'm so sorry you had to go through this.  First, related to the financial aspect, hospitals (for the most part) are VERY willing to work with patients on their bills.  We had a co-pay bill that we couldn't afford to pay up front after our daughter died.  When the bill came, I called the hospital finance office, explained that I didn't have that much money, but that we could pay a certain amount each month.  I don't remember how much it was but it was small, probably $20...