or Connect

Posts by ThreeTwoFive

Here's a 112-page book that's a super easy read: http://www.amazon.com/How-Parent-You-Always-Wanted/dp/1451663900/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=033JAVD2EJ9RAKKA9ERF   How to Be the Parent You Always Wanted to Be by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
Bibliotherapy?  The Sweet Pickles series "Me Too Iguana" comes to mind (out of print, but available on Amazon).  I'm sure there are other fine examples of books where the main character wants to be like everyone else.   Sounds like a great reason to go shoe shopping, with an emphasis on "because it's fun to have party shoes" and not "it's important to be like everyone else."  Get something open-toed for spring and throw in a mommy-daughter pedicure while you're at...
Balance bike Tricycle Water table Sandbox Sidewalk chalk Scooter Bike Helmet Sun hat Stomp Rocket Jr. Soccer ball Soccer goal T-ball set pool noodles sprinkler bubbles refill bubbles
We have a book in Spanish (can't think of the title right now--will repost if I find it) where a boy is scared of a monster.  His father gives him a pencil to sleep with so he can draw a bowtie, funny ears, etc. on the monster to make it look silly.  
I would be wary of giving a down payment for a house that doesn't exist yet.  Unless "the guy" is a reputable company with an extremely long history and solid financial backing, I would worry that your money might disappear.  
No help, really, but this might make you feel better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GO2xz0L9gQ 
Never.
Playful Parenting is a great book that comes to mind. I love her tantrum.  "My fingers don't work!"  Oh no!  If you can find the humor at that moment, that's a great time to jump in with "What?  Your fingers don't work?  Oh no!  Call the doctor!  Look!  Now my hands don't work either.  Ahhhh!" becoming sillier with the goal of getting her laughing instead of tantruming.   Ross Greene's collaborative problem solving approach is another good one....
I think she will be fine.  She is already used to going to sleep in her room.   I used to worry DS would get out of bed and wander off.  He has never ever gotten up and gone anywhere other than straight to our room. You could have her help pick out the blanket for her new big-girl bed. I spent weeks picking out the perfect bed.  DS prefers sleeping in his $15 sleeping bag on the floor.  He sleeps in the bed some of the time.   You could start with a mattress on the...
Could you try redirecting him to something that he CAN throw?  Throw this, not that.  Maybe you have a future pitcher on your hands.