or Connect

Posts by ThreeTwoFive

If the honey is working, stick with that.  If he's waking up in the middle of the night, consider the Children's Benadryl.   The pharmacist I talked to did not recommend Triaminic for kids. We split the difference with Similisan homeopathic stuff during DS's last night-time cough.
Music classes or sports could be fun.  You could sponsor some lessons or buy some clothing or equipment for a class.  Our local public recreation system sells gift certificates for classes. A CD to listen to in the car while on the whirlwind adventures? Are his walls cluttered?  A poster of something he likes or of something educational (numbers, maps, etc.) could be fun.  My DS likes his alphabet poster a lot.
You could send them a small pack of Thank You cards as a gift.  They might get the hint.
I think talking about feelings to build empathy should help over time.   This can be in response to the type of situations you've mentioned (maybe a little while after they happen -- we have good talks in the car or at dinner), or they could also be positive examples.  "You shared that toy with her.  How do you think that makes her feel?"  In general, just talk more about how his actions (or yours, or anyone's) affect other people.  Repeat 3 million times.  
I have a big timer that I used to use in my classroom when I taught.  Now it's the "sharing timer" for playdates.  Any time kids are fighting over a toy, I just set the timer for 2-3 minutes, and they take turns.  Sometimes one kid loses interest.  Sometimes they'll go back and forth for a while.     At my son's daycare they have taught him to yell, "No thank you!"
He sounds like a typical 2.5-yr-old.  My DS is 39 months.  My expectation for him is that he make it to the children's sermon, so that's usually 10-15 minutes into the service.  He recently started going up to the front for the children's sermon by himself, without me taking him up.  Afterward I take him to the staffed nursery and then rejoin the service.  Our nursery is officially for kids age 4 and under, but sometimes older kids will "help" in the nursery, too....
I count to 3 before I pick him up and put him in the seat (if it gets that far). Sometimes "Let's see if we can get buckled up and get the car moving before that family of 5 over there gets in their car!" will work.   Or, "Quick!  A fox/bear/wolf/etc is chasing you!  Into the car seat, quick!"
Of the ones we watch I would recommend Dora the Explorer and Wonderpets.  Try your local library. 
  She is 21 months.  She will build a warm and fuzzy association with Christmas, but she won't remember the details.  Breathe.  Relax.  Enjoy. Also, there's no law that says you have to do things the same way every Christmas.  Some years you might get one big present.  Other years small ones.  The Christmas police will not come to your door.  If you like the baking, maybe bake something you can give as gifts?  Candied pecans?  Fudge?   I tend to buy a lot of small gifts....
I have a friend who taught first grade, and she said she taught the students "Don't yuck somebody else's yum."   I would tell the teacher and ask that, without singling your child out, he/she give the class some explicit instruction in polite lunchroom behavior.