or Connect

Posts by parsley

For the other moms of car seat screamers, I wanted to share a toy that I've found to actually entertain the baby in the car-- she's only screaming about half the time now :)   It's called "Tiny Love Musical Nature Stroll" and it fits great on my Chico Keyfit 30!   It's a piece of plastic garbage...  but it's an entertaining piece.  Thought I'd share in case others were feeling desperate!
As a mom with a kid who has recently become playmobil obsessed I would consider responding to an ad like that if the price was $100 or less.  We have one castle it cost $250!  But your collection sounds like a lot of work so $100 (US) would be my tipping point for bother v. value.  HTH.
Thanks everyone for the good advice.  I was in a fit of kindergarten anxiety and you all have helped me see the big picture.  I totally appreciate it.  I don't really know why I asked about testing... I never thought about it before yesterday (though that's what an anxiety fit can do, I suppose :) ).  I guess I also got worried that maybe I needed to more concretely predict the future for my DD before making a Kindergarten choice.  But, your collective point that it's too...
Reading everyone's responses made me realize that my reply was more theoretical at this point... we have not found the time or space for much lovin...  One kid is always awake or in arms it seems. 
So that's where I'm at too.  I think my real plan is going to be to have a tubal once my period returns.  I had such a scary pregnancy that I know for sure I don't want to get pregnant again and I like the idea of a non-hormonal permanent solution.  I just don't want to go to the dr. or have a procedure done now.  Maybe when I go in next Jan for my annual I'll talk about it?    It definitely has a damned if I do, damned if I don't feeling to it...
Thanks for your reply, ollyoxenfree! I think this is good advice.  I do plan to visit as many schools as possible and will *now* ask to observe some kindergarten classes!  (Never occured to me before!)  .   My concern though is how much can I or should I weigh future needs into the picture when prioritizing our school preferences.  It will be really hard to switch to another school when she's older (before jr. high that is) and the different schools handle gifted &...
My DD (4 year old) does this whenever she's playing independently.  I love listening to her but as soon as she catches me she gets embarrassed and stops.  Recently I've been trying to pretend that I don't hear her and that seems to allow her to get deeper into her play.  Once she's in that zone it's like listening to a novel read-aloud!   On occasion, she'll ask me "Mama, can you hear me right now?"  I don't think she realizes that she's talking out loud!
I'm totally new to this forum and I'm not technically sure I should be here :) but I'm hoping to learn from your collective experience and wisdom.    My DD1 is 4 years old and will enter kindergarten next Fall (Fall 2013).  Over the coming year we need to make several decisions about what school she will go to.  We live in a city with districted schools, magnet schools and charter schools.  I need to submit our application (lottery only) for the magnet schools and/or...
I keep reading all sorts of scary stuff about every single type of sunblock.  Anyone have a handle on this stuff or can recommend a good article that summarizes the choices and risks?    So far I've been covering the baby up and not using sunblock on her but that gets harder as she gets more alert and interested.  She loved a baby pool last weekend and we're going to the beach for a week in July and I'm hoping she'll love the waves as much as her mama.  Even in a sun...
  I definitely think that babywearing builds great core muscle strength.  And, I use that to help justify the small amount of floor time I remember(ed) to give them!  My babes both stood really early (with assistance) but DD1 never crawled and might have been a year when she rolled over.  So far DD2 seems to have a similar set of strengths.  Rolling over wouldn't occur to her... she's hardly ever been face down!    How fun that your DS likes to read to his brothers!  I've...