or Connect

Posts by mamayogibear

If you are  doing entry level midwifery I don't think it would be an issue but if you are trying to go to nursing school you might have problems with interviews. There are a ton of different ways to 'start' dreadlocks. And there are a ton of different definitions of 'success'! How natural do you want them to be? Do you want to use any products? Do you want them to look like dreads asap but not use products? For your locks to be a success do you want them to uniform? Do...
Biggest con: looking presentable for job interviews! other than that I can't think of any thing. Pros: if you don't need a job or all ready have an 'alternative' type job then you can bee the headiest looking hippie mama on the block, unless it's haight street or telegraph then every hippie mama on the block had locks...
Hey thanks for the reply! I've been having a really hard time making ends meet lately and think it is because I've been doing nothing but looking for a 'regular' job. I've been really good at busking before even though I don't have any actual musical talent. I think people are more apt to hand over a couple of bucks if someone is making some type of effort even if there like me and have no talent, lol. I have not yet seen anyone else busking here, but there are many...
I have been trying to find a regular job and have had no luck all week! Yesterday I got a shut off notice for the internet and a $300 utility bill! I think there are some charities in town to help with the utilities but not the internet so... Today I did go to the farmers market with my kids and our didgeridoo. I played the didgeridoo while my daughter played in the grass and my son was in his ergo. I think most people that gave me money just wanted me to be quiet...
Yay! I'm glad you're keeping his dreads in. I love little dready kids! My dd is a read head with super fine silky hair and we've never managed to get more than an handful of dreads on her naturally.
I have major dread commitment issues! I'm on my fifth or six set since I was a teenager, lol. I think the longest I've ever had dreads is about a year and a half! Wear them up looser if possible, if they are tugged tight the tension on your scalp will cause a headache. Also focus on drying and cooling your scalp, like make sure the skin is totally dry after washing it so the sweat won't build up on the already moist skin, it will make it less prickly and you can use...
My dd weaned right around when she turned two and was gradual about it herself. Like she started sleeping through the night at 18 months and then was at daycare all day so she was basically only nursing once in the morning and once at night when she was almost two. My ds on the other hand is almost two and is nursing at least six times a day and waking me up at least twice at night! It is driving me crazy and I really want to sleep again, lol. I don't know if I need him...
To answer my own question about navel piercings and babywearing, ouch! I had to stop using the ergo for about a month and use our didymos and only use chest ties. So yeah if you are an avid babywearer make sure you have some carries that do not put pressure of the wrap or ssc on your navel... On another note I soo want to get a tattoo this year. Or maybe modify the one I've had for a decade, lol
I've been vegan for I don't know how long, sometime in the 90s... Both of my kids are vegan and I'm single but my ex did convert to being vegan towards the end of our relationship. We mostly eat organic and local and I am pretty raw. I've been totally raw for about two weeks now (except for the occasional pasturized juice or coconut water) My kids are not raw though, my dd's favorite dish is mac and cheese which I make with organic buckwheat pasta and nutritional...
He's super cute! I'm confused though. Are you trying to get the rest of his hair to dred? Or are you trying to get the dreads out? If you are trying to get the rest to dread, ditch the conditioner and spray with a mixture of sea salt and yummy smelling essential oils after washing his hair. For the lint I have found that using a crochet needle to pull out the stuffing works pretty well. Once I accidentally slept on a down pillow with a hole in it and was plucking...