or Connect

Posts by mamayogibear

I think I will get some arrowroot powder and give this a try! I usually use  bakingsoda, aloe and coconut oil but would like to try something new and I think you found it for me. Thanks!     Regular toothpaste is too sweet for me and the soap versions make me gag.  lol  So, here's what I make -- works great for sensitive teeth, too.   Toothpaste 2 parts aloe vera gel 2 parts extra virgin coconut oil 1 part arrowroot powder smidge of sunflower lecithin peppermint...
I haven't read this whole thread but here are my two cents thus far: For number 2 I fill a peri bottle with warm water and 'wash' off afterwards. So I only use one small square of cloth to pat dry. Unless I am in public then I try to find a restroom with a sink instead of a stall so I can use a moist wipe first. I just keep everrything in the diaper pail which is a large metal step lever trash can, it's full of dipes, cloth wipes, mama cloth, family cloth and when a...
My vote is for GEM cloth as a pp mentioned! She does excellent custom work. I got everything i needed for postpartum from her and she was very helpful in customizing the package so I could afford it. I went with the topadz and it was all I used postpartum (well I stuffed with a prefold the first day).
I don't use a soak bucket because my three year old got a bit to curious one day. Now I just dust the pads with bakingsoda and roll them up. I have not noticed any smell after washing them. I wash with baking soda and either ecover, biokleen or sals suds and then rinse with vinegar. Sometimes I just toss them in with diapers instead of storing them seperatly.
Foaming is the challange! I used to use a 'spray' hand sanitizer I made out of vinegar and tea tree oil in a old spray tube from an alcohol sanitizer. As to how you would make it foam, I'll keep reading to figure that one out... Castile soap foams well but would need washing off...
I have used the crystal in the past and still use it on occassion. If I know I will be doing something super sweaty like cycling to school or a job interview, I will spray with ACV and rub in a combo of bentonite clay and coconut oil. It works amazingly for me. I tried using baking soda like that but ended up with a rash after a few days. Also, the stink doesn't just come from bacteria, sweat turns into butyric acid once exposed to air if it doesn't dry off. So having...
If you tell WIC you're vegan and get your kids Dr to sign a paper saying there vegan you can get 32 quarts of organic soy milk a month! I breastfeed and have a three year old and get that much soy milk per month. Since we get that much soy milk we don't eat other soy products though. I am vegan aside from raw honey and my babe is in wool diaper covers... I eat mostly raw foods and lightly steamed ones, aside from beans and rice which I eat cooked. I used to eat soaked...
The last thing I ate was a drink... I had almond milk with pea protein, cocoa (not milk chocolate) with apple pectin, spirulena and peanut butter. This was about three hours ago and am still very full.
a choose veganism? Compassion and love towards all creatures great and small.   Are there any foods that you miss? Not really unless I'm out of vegan sour cream... Oh yeah and most regular dairy cheese isn't even vegetarian as it contains retin an enzyme from calf intestines!   How did close friends/family react when you made the change? I grew up vegetarian so becoming vegan wasn't that big of a change when I was a kid.   What's your favorite vegan recipe? I...