or Connect

Posts by xenabyte

I'm opening this thread again. Please remember to be curteous. And personally, I've always considered Vegans to be the 'whole deal'. They do not consume ANY flesh, and do not use ANY by-products of said creatures (milk, cheese, honey) and will take it to the limit of not wearing or using any by-products of said creatures (leather, beeswax, etc). A vegetarian, on the other hand, usually has a few self imposed caveats....ie, they will not consume meat, but they...
The puking may or may not have anything to do with the dairy/pizza. If he has puss oozing from belly button, and is acting like his stomach is hurting, I'd call his Ped immediately. He could be fighting an infection, and that could have made him vomit. If the belly button area is oozing, it's raw and potentially infected, and yes, putting straight alchohol on an open wound would probably make me scream... I would not mess around with this. In all the 'take...
My first was like yours. He nursed constantly and didn't sleep much at all (naps and the like). Fortunately, he was my first and I just learned to lay down and 'cat nap' at ANY opportunity and we got through that first year eventually, when he started sleeping through the night. My next son slept better (but milk supply was much better, and he got really full, and slept for longer periods of time). He slept through the night closer to 5 months. My third (oh...
I agree, nurse nurse nurse! Stay away from anyone that's obviously sick (because baby can still get colds/flu and other non VPDs...but nursing will usually help prevent that (at least it has for my 3 boys). If you feel like YOU are coming down with something (cold, etc), start taking 2-3 Emergen-C drinks a day, until you feel better. It will allow your body to fight it naturally, and then, BIG BONUS, your baby will have some passive immunity from drinking the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mothragirl they still won't give me one. alice hasn't been to a doctor and i asked my MWs for something and they printed out some silly birth announcement thing that had her name spelled wrong. SS gave me a verified document with the # on it, they just won't give me a card. They issue you the number on the verified 'document' as a temporary, incase you need to start using the number. The actual SSN card comes in...
Hollytheteacher, MDC is all about being informed, regardless of the 'mainstream' propaganda or 'party line'. The moms here will give you great information for trying to understand why many of the moms here choose not to vaccinate. Regardless of the conclusions you reach, and the decisions you choose for yourself or your new baby, you owe it to yourself and your baby to at least know why you choose to either vaccinate or not. Just because something is touted...
I did 'Atkins' about 7 years ago, but I also had read the 'Protein Power' book by the Eades. It made alot of sense at the time. I did NOT use the pre made products, but did alot of veggie/protein stir fries and ate more 'vegetable salad' type dinnners, with a bit of 'warm' protein on top. I was 'full' and was able to stick to it. I could even occasionally have a 'carby' dinner, such as a calzone, if I only did it once a week, during 'maintenance'. I had excellent...
Quote: Originally Posted by Greenmomma ...does the Mommy Guilt *ever* end??? Erm...not in my experience There is always something to worry about and then feel guilty about, no matter what decisions you make!! Really if your sweetie is thriving and seems to be enjoying himself.... One good thing about 'self feeding' is they usually 'miss' the mouth, and end up wearing most of their dinner, but they sure do enjoy the heck out of trying!! ...
Well, if allowed....you turn into a 'short order' chef when you are trying to make dinner We usually ask our 5 and 3 year old what they would like for dinner, and then plan it with as many things as we can, that they asked for. The 3 year old sometimes makes 'changes' right after we cook it. We usually say, 'you asked for this in particular. Please go ahead and eat this, and tomorrow you can choose a nother favorite.' You might think 5 and 3 year olds would...
Heh, it's a pandora's box, once babies get the taste of food and like it! If he seems to be doing well (not constipated or having major gas or other digestive issues, rashes or irritability)...I'd try 'watering down' his foods with some of the EMB, so he still has the 'BM' taste to his foods and will hopefully want to drink more. You are already giving him better 'foods' than anything pre made or store bought, and the foods you have chosen are good ones to start with...