or Connect

Posts by LaBruja

Oh hooray! As long as that is fine with everyone else too, I would love to join...I was actually surprised at how much I've missed the DDC since it's quieted down here. Now I just have to figure out how to actually create a FB profile and join the group...I am a total luddite.  
Alexis: welcome back!   Allergies: hugs to everyone dealing with allergy testing, findings, and eliminations...I know it can be a long, stressful process and I wish all of you the best.   Amy/facebook: no, I am not on Facebook. Uber sadness, because I really miss ya'll! Reading back in this thread, it appears that a decision was made to not allow any anonymous users in the FB group, so I will probably not be joining...I wouldn't mind at all just telling everyone...
Welcome back Cristina!   Beth, hope you all get well soon!   Livacreature, good luck at the hip ultrasound tomorrow. P.S. don't feel bad about your slow move...we've been living in our current house since fall 2010 and still have crap in boxes. Lots of crap.   Rosemary, was the quinoa was rinsed really well before you cooked it? Raw, unwashed quinoa is covered with a substance called saponin that can sometimes cause digestive upset. Sorry about the discomfort...
DDC Meet-ups: so cool that so many of you are getting to meet in real life! Dollyanna, I didn't realize you're in DC...DH and I were scheduled to go to DC next month for a week-long training, but we had to cancel. Sadness.   Rosemary: all four of my eldest sister's children are GF, and I seem to remember her saying that they would have reactions if she ate gluten while BFing.   Babywearing: I mostly use the moby when we're outside because it's the only carrier...
Migraines: hugs to everyone suffering these...I know how debilitating they can be.   lifeguard: don't feel guilty at all...the discomfort to your DD was only momentary, and the benefits to your nursing relationship will hopefully last for much longer :)   Padraigs: I keep seeing these mentioned, so I googled...so cute! Are they scratchy at all though, being made from wool? I love wool and wear it all the time with no problem, but my DSS has super sensitive skin...
My mom is off the ventilator!
My mom was awake and aware yesterday for the first time in 12 days! She is still on the ventilator, but hopefully she'll be breathing on her own by tomorrow or Friday. This weekend was pretty hard...she had been doing so well, and then had a relapse on Saturday. They had to kick the oxygen back up to 100%, and ended up doing a bronchio-thingummy to see what was going on in her lungs and to try to clear her airways. That procedure seems to have been the turning point, and...
Dollyanna: wonderful news! Congrats to your DD:)   Amy: thanks for the input. I think I'm definitely going to offer it to her, not sure if she'll drink it or not. Goods news on the job search, and hooray for progress with your doula business.   Chelsea: sorry you are having a rough time. Is there anything different in your diet recently that could be affecting the taste of your milk?   Nicole: ugh. I hope it's not AF!   AFU: my mom is continuing to...
Thanks so much for all the support...you mamas must have good mojo, because my mom's condition has improved. She is still on a ventilator (and expected to remain so for at least the next week, or even two or three) but the oxygen is down to 70 (it was at 100% the first day), her blood pressure is high enough that they stopped the medication for it, and her heart rate is slowly coming down (it was in the 120 bpm range for the first few days). Her chest x-rays are pretty...
Need hugs, good karma, prayers, fairy dust, whatever you've got...my mom is in the ICU. She is on a ventilator and hasn't been conscious since Friday. She is very, very ill, but we do think she's going to get better, although it will take a long time. No time to catch up with everyone, but I'm so glad we have this group!