or Connect

Posts by bostonmummy

I was just coming to this forum to ask the very same question. My daughter is 9 1/2 months, and for the past several weeks, she's been screaming hysterically if I try to take her to the potty. I'm working way too much right now, but it's only for a few more weeks, and then I'll be able to get back on track since the babysitter seems baffled by how to help her. Would love to hear anything other suggestions that might help.
My daughter is 4 months old, and she hit her sleep regression a couple of weeks ago. She'd been waking every 3-4 hours to eat, but now she's waking up every 20-90 minutes. I am definitely not going to do CIO with her, and I'm not trying to wean her at night because she's one of those babies who snacks all day long and loses interest after just 3-4 minutes. But I'm also a horrible candidate for co-sleeping because I am such a light sleeper and I deal with extreme insomnia...
My 3 1/2 month old daughter started developing eczema on her cheeks about a month ago, so I quickly came here to find out what could be causing it and realized it was food allergies. I was already following a very strict diet free from gluten, dairy, soy and corn, but I realized I should try taking out eggs and peanuts. I've seen a significant improvement, especially when I started using shea butter all throughout the day to moisturize her cheeks. But it's not completely...
Very helpful, Cindy. Thanks!
Cindy - thank you so much for your suggestions. I so appreciate them! I'm going to order the Lact-aid system. It looks so helpful! One question: do you recommend ordering extra bags beyond the initial 2-week supply? I'm not sure how long I'll need to use the Lact-aid. How long have you been using yours with Aria?   Thanks, Springmum, for your suggestions, too. All great!   Will be back later . . .
Hey mamas! I've so missed being here! One of these days I'll get back here again with more consistency and to tell my birth story. Our sweet Aniela is 6 weeks today and a total joy. She's starting to coo and smile at us, and I honestly don't know how parents don't just burst with love and happiness.    Anyway, I'm here hoping for my some suggestions. My daughter has been having a lot of trouble relearning how to breastfeed. Starting at 2 weeks I began pumping...
My daughter has been having a lot of trouble relearning how to breastfeed. She's 6 weeks, and starting at 2 weeks I started pumping exclusively for a couple of weeks to give my nipples a chance to heal because I was in so much pain (she had both a lip tie and a tongue tie that we took care of and hopefully will start to make a difference in her latch). Now when I try to feed her, if she latches on, she only stays on for a couple of minutes, sometimes up to 10 minutes at...
I would LOVE it if we could revive this thread. I'm EP my 3-week old, and I'm desperate for support, mamas!
Mamas, I am so proud to introduce you to our baby girl, Aniela Zara, born 10/6 11:46 pm, 7 pounds, 8 oz, 19 3/4 inches. She ended up being born in the hospital, but naturally, without any induction or epidural, within less than 4 hours of the start of active labor. She is doing great - some concern about high red blood count, which could not only lead to jaundice but to even more concerning situations. So the doctor is having us supplement the breastfeeding with formula....
Mamas, I need your good energy. It looks like it's definitely my water that's leaking, just slowly and intermittently, which would be wonderful, except that I tested positive for GBS and now the midwives want me to transfer to the hospital, or at the very least to go in for IV antibiotics. I told them flat out that I refuse, that because my energy is so good, my color is good, the baby is still moving fine, and I don't have a fever I will continue to proceed as if...