or Connect

Posts by bostonmummy

I'm so excited to go hiking and canoeing this weekend! My husband and I are heading to Vermont with some good friends of ours for the long weekend and plan to be outside as much as possible. It will be great to get those hiking boots on again. I went to REI a couple of weeks ago and found a pair of very low-riding and adjustable shorts that I think can make work. Isn't it amazing how there are so few maternity options when it comes to workout gear? I always wonder if the...
I'm 20 weeks today and really loving that I'm looking unmistakably pregnant. Just last week I started thinking about what we're going to need and became somewhat overwhelmed by the baby market. I think I'm going to keep things as simple as possible and just have only what I know we're going to need at first: diapers, clothes, blankets, a bassinet, some kind of baby carrier - probably the Moby for the first few months - as well as nursing bras and a car seat, etc. The...
Love both ideas, Vegan Princess! Thanks!
Yes, I'm definitely planning on doing a blessingway and hopefully the gift part will be largely secondary to the ritual/ceremony I'll be creating with all of the wonderful women in my life. Because there is so much to buy on our own, though, I would still love some help from my friends and family if they want. It's helpful to see what you all have experienced in the past. I love that in just a few months' time I'm going to be the one ready to dispense advice about what...
Angelorum - this is really helpful. Thanks so much for the tips! I feel like I'm getting a better sense of how I might do this. It's still kind of mysterious . . . I guess it will be until the baby is here and I can actually try everything out. Exciting!
Thanks, Diyan. I did post over there. Just one response so far over there, so we'll see if I get anymore suggestions . . .
Hi all - I posted this on in the October due date group, but thought I'd post here, too . . .     My husband and I stopped by a place called the Diaper Lab in Boston yesterday to start getting an overview on cloth diapering. I think I'm pretty clear that I'll just do flat folds rather than the fancier all-in-ones, but I realized after I left that the woman who was showing me everything only told me about the PUL covers and didn't show me any of the wool options. I...
Hi again . . . I'm trying to figure out what to put on our registry now so that when I'm crazy busy with teaching this summer I don't have to think about it. Our midwife told us about myregistry.com that lets you add products from any website rather than registering with just one store. Love that option. But what to put on it? I can't figure out what we're really going to want aside from the obvious things like diapers and a car seat and onesies. I mean, I can't even...
At last . . . here's mine!   Taken at 14 weeks.    Today at 19.5 weeks!
Hi all,   My husband and I stopped by a place called the Diaper Lab in Boston yesterday to start getting an overview on cloth diapering. I think I'm pretty clear that I'll just do flat folds rather than the fancier all-in-ones, but I realized after I left that the woman who was showing me everything only told me about the PUL covers and didn't show me any of the wool options. I find it so overwhelming to try to figure out what would be best to have on hand when the...