or Connect

Posts by bostonmummy

Yeah, me, too, Zubeldia! Any place I can save time and money appeals to me. :)
Yes! And if feels SO good to be back!   I was dealing with colitis before I got pregnant and literally could only eat chicken, potatoes, and eggs. That was okay until I got crazy hungry in the first trimester and gained 15 pounds from all of the extra calories/carbs. But for the past few weeks I've been able to eat veggies and fruit again. I'm in heaven! I went a little nuts with the fruit at first because that was what I craved in the first trimester. But I'm just...
This is my first, too. My husband and I are really excited, but we're also so incredibly aware of how precious this time is for us. After October, it's never going to be just the two of us again, so we're  taking full advantage of this time and doing as much as we can to relish these last few months before the baby comes and our lives are forever changed. We think we're even going to book a vacation to Scotland in June — so excited!   I got the Hypnobabies course...
Love seeing all of this conversation about keeping the movement going! I'm doing circuit training about 5 days a week, and I feel SO good mentally. It can be tough in the morning because I go to a 9 am class and my breakfast goes right into my throat. Fortunately the trainer knows what kind of things to suggest so I don't always have to keep tipping forward and feel like I'm going to throw up all over the studio! LOL!   Would love to be an encouragement for each...
I'm 14 weeks today, and I'm almost completely into maternity clothes now. There's still one dress I can wear, but like Pregnova, I usually wear fitted things, too, so my clothes very quickly went into the no-can-do pile. About 10 days ago I stormed a gorgeous consignment store that carries only maternity clothes and got some beautiful, comfortable skirts. I also got a couple of tops there and managed to find another at Target, but their pickings were really slim. I...
Completely agree with you, Pinkbruise. I juice a lot and feel that it's an amazing way to get some of those fantastic phytonutrients in you. I personally always use organic, both to avoid for the pesticide issues and for the increased nutritional value. Anyone who says juicing is bad for a pregnant woman has no idea what s/he is talking about. What could be more healthy, really? And if you're like me and can't handle fiber, juicing is the best way to go. Cooking breaks...
Yep, I've been getting it for weeks. Someone told me last week that I was going to feel emotionally, physically and spiritually wrecked after I gave birth. This was the same woman we were supposed to go spend Easter with. Needless to say I cancelled.    What I'm realizing is that people have a whole range of experiences that shapes the way they respond. What I think is completely weird and even rude others feel is helpful or just simply truthful. I've decided not to...
Porcelina - yes, of course. For a first time mother it's impossible to know what it will be like once the baby arrives, especially because every baby is so different. But I do need the income, and that's why I was asking. I think I will very likely not care at all about work and will be completely absorbed in my child, but I also have a commitment to students I've been working with for years and would feel that I was not living up to my standards if I simply said I was...
Babinogi - my nausea started letting up last week as I was getting to around 10 weeks. I only get little tiny waves every now and then. Sometimes I'm super tired and other days I feel great. But the nausea was never really that bad to begin with, so there wasn't a huge leap that needed to happen to feel better, fortunately.   I'm definitely starting to show. I'm just over 11 weeks, and I have quite the little belly. I can tell it's not just fat because when I lie...
These are all great points. Fortunately my husband is very likely going to quit his job halfway through this year to work on a big editing job with me, so the plan is for him to be around. I would only return to work if I had help, of course. I think what I'm going to do is just tell my students that I will plan for an additional 5 hours of help for each of them in December if they absolutely need it. And I'll only tell this to a few students. That way I can just plan...