or Connect

Posts by bostonmummy

Thanks, Mambera. That does help. Even better is that my husband might be quitting his full-time job to work on an editing project with me this summer, so he would probably be around. I could just hand the baby off to him! I, too, think it would be manageable. But of course I'll have to see when this little one actually arrives!
  I'm a first-time mama, and next week I’m planning to tell my students/parents that I’m pregnant. I’m trying to figure out how long after I give birth I can tell them I’ll be available again. (I'm a private college counselor for high school students.) Normally, because I’m self-employed, I would take as much time as I wanted, but since my due date is October 10, right in the middle of college application season, I’m thinking I may need to return to some part-time...
I'm a first-time mama, and next week I’m planning to tell my students/parents that I’m pregnant. I’m trying to figure out how long after I give birth I can tell them I’ll be available again. (I'm a private college counselor for high school students.) Normally, because I’m self-employed, I would take as much time as I wanted, but since my due date is October 10, right in the middle of college application season, I’m thinking I may need to return to some part-time work...
Well, I have to dress professionally, so I probably won't go for jeans. Plus, I just hate pants these days. I only want to wear skirts and dresses - way more comfortable. I think I'll go to my favorite consignment stores tomorrow and get a few skirts a size up. I'm sure I'll be happy to have them after I give birth and I'm waiting for my weight to go back down.
I can't figure out how to deal with the clothes situation. I'm just over 10 weeks now and have gained 10 pounds because of the voracious hunger I've been experiencing. Aside from a little bit of belly pop, I'm not showing at all, but I'm running out of things that fit. I can't figure out whether it's worth getting a couple of things a little larger than my current size so I have something to wear until I'm ready for maternity clothes. This is my first child, so I don't...
I find that I have to eat a full meal every two hours. It's really quite shocking how much food I have to eat. I never expected to be this hungry. I was definitely ready for the nausea, which comes and goes, but this hunger. Wow. I'm laughing because I always vowed I would never be one of those women who gained a whole bunch of extra weight during my pregnancies, but I'm 9 weeks on Wednesday, and I've already gained close to 10 pounds. (I'm guessing because I really...
My husband and I got a copy of The Pregnancy Body Book, and we love it.
Just wanted to share with you all something that happened to me today in case you find yourself in a similar situation. I started bleeding fairly heavily in the midst of making love with my husband, and I noticed a lot of tisse in the blood. It scared me so much! I called the midwife, and she told me that I only really needed to be concerned about bleeding if I were going through multiple pads in an hour. Turned out that the bleeding was really just a short-lived, 2-hour...
It's my breasts that have popped more than anything. Wow! I'm actually voluptuous again. Loving it. 
My husband and I started a journal together, too. It's so sweet! We've only written in it a few times, but I definitely want to keep it going. This is my first, so it was extra joyful at the beginning. The nausea started hitting me last weekend, so my interest in anything kind of went out the window. But I actually felt great today and cooked up a storm for my poor neglected hubby. I have a feeling the creativity is going to ebb and flow depending on the nausea . . ....