or Connect

Posts by bostonmummy

I've been getting some pretty intense cramps when I turn just the right way when I'm lying down. They are so painful, and I have to practice slowing down my breath and keeping myself from tightening up. They usually take about 30 seconds to diminish. Anyone else get these? I figure any pain now is good practice for the real thing in a few months!   Zubeldia - I've had my own business for 10+ years tutoring students in writing and the SAT, and in the past several...
Oh, so sorry to hear this, Sillymom! I hope you find some relief really soon! And thanks for the advice . . .
Thanks, Sillymom! That's really encouraging and helpful!
I just saw this from a posting on Facebook. Thought you'd all appreciate this since many of us are nearing the time that our babies would have a good chance of surviving if they were born now. Have tissues at the ready!   Thinking of DizzyLez, too . . .   http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38988444/ns/today-parenting_and_family/t/moms-hug-revives-baby-was-pronounced-dead/
Oh, I so commiserate with the insomnia thing. It's really horrific when you can't get enough sleep. I had it really bad at the end of the first trimester/beginning of the second. Somehow it's resolved itself, at least for now. I'm finding that taking calcium/magnesium seems to be really helping. I was getting restless legs, and I researched to see what I could do; everyone said cal/mag supplement. It works like a charm! But it also seems to quiet the chronic physical...
Hi, all you beautiful mamas! Just back from a week in Vancouver with my husband, celebrating our last few months together as a couple. It was wonderful to have that time with him, but it's also great to be home again and back in our own bed. Kind of forgot what a pain cooking can be, though. ;)   I'm heading into the busiest teaching season of the year, so I'm not buying anything or really doing much in terms of the baby right now. But I am on my way to interview two...
Dandylez - congratulations and many, many blessings to you and your partner at the arrival of Adair! We're thinking of you so much right now and sending you our best wishes for a beautiful, healthy, and speedy arrival home in October. It sounds like your little one is in great hands. Sending you love and peace . . .
Oh, yay, Zubeldia! I'm so glad to hear you're okay and that it seems like you can continue running. I completely understand — if I can't get in my exercise I go nuts! Over the Memorial Day weekend we ended up going canoeing one day instead of hiking, and I was going crazy because I couldn't get my heart rate up. I was craving the endorphin rush I always get with rigorous exercise. My husband was merrily paddling along and remarking how beautiful the river was, and I was...
Thanks, Pregnova. :) It's so sweet to be able to share. 
I had the coolest dream last night about our baby. For some reason the baby needed an operation (not the cool part), and so the doctors pulled the baby out, and I got to hold him (yes, him! I checked!). He was SO beautiful, with the most angelic features. I wanted to nurse him so badly, but I knew I didn't have any milk, and then I was so sad when it was time for him to go back inside me, even though I knew he was going to be fine now that he'd had whatever operation he...