or Connect

Posts by bostonmummy

Springmum - this is fascinating! Can you tell us the name of the DVD?   Zubeldia - sending good vibes to you today! Hopefully you'll get some answers and a quick solution today. 
Pregnova - wonderful news! What a relief it must be to have found someone you resonate with. Yay!   I like your midwife, springmum! She sounds like a wise woman.    My midwife ended up being transferred herself and had to have a c-section because she became so exhausted she couldn't push anymore. It shocked me when she told me, but then I thought about it and I just felt relief — if I end up having to be transferred, then it's okay. I did my best, and that's all...
Hey UndertheOld, you might want to check out Stopthethyroidmadness.com if your lab work is coming back off. I had the same issue a few years back and stumbled across this website. It's chock full of info and will help work with your doctor so both of you can figure out how best to treat the hyperthyroid issues. Glad to hear the appointment went well - sounds like you've good a good doc in your corner!   In terms of sleep, I've actually been sleeping a little better...
I had another appointment with the midwife this morning, and everything is looking great! My bp is 100/60, so no worries about high bp. The baby's pulse is perfect, and I'm measuring exactly on schedule (22 weeks, 2 days). She wasn't sure why I was getting headaches, but she recommended drinking electrolyte water. I think I'll make my own since I can't drink the store brands with all of the additives. I'll try drinking it at night to see if that helps with the morning...
Welcome, Melanie! Congratulations on your 6th child and your 5th girl! Hope your pregnancy is going beautifully . . .   I'm pregnant with my FIRST! We've opted out of ultrasounds, so we've got a surprise awaiting us. What an amazing experience this is!
I'm so excited about our boy's name: Jazyn Asher. Jazyn is a Polish name that means healer and is pronounced YAH-tzin. My MIL is first-generation Polish, so it feels especially meaningful to pick a Polish name. Asher is a Hebrew name that means happy/blessed. We're planning on calling him Jaz (pronounced Jazz) for short, especially because we know that in school all of the teachers will pronounce his name as Jaz-in. We also love so many genres of music, including a...
Yeah, I've been keeping our room cool, too, but it doesn't seem to help the headaches. The only solution I can come up with is to drink at least a gallon of water all day and all night. I kept the water going for half the night last night, but then I just wanted to get a solid few hours of sleep and stopped the water half way through; the headache was back in the morning, albeit less intense. So tonight every time I wake up, which is about every 1.5 to 2 hours, I'm going...
I had a friend tell me last week that she wanted to come visit the week after the baby was born to help me out, and I kind of freaked out inside. I was able to tell her calmly and clearly that I think I'm just going to want to bond with my husband and baby for the first couple of weeks at least. Still, she was puzzled by this, even though she has two kids, and told me that all of her friends always wanted their women friends around. But she would be traveling in from 600...
Sillymom - it's strange how the joy and the stress coexist so well together, isn't it? I think every transition, no matter how much we're looking forward to it, always contains some element of loss and therefore sadness. Still, sorry to hear you were feeling especially stressed yesterday. And I'm with VeganPrincess - feel free to share the hard stuff, too, if you want. It's all part of the package, as far as I can tell! Here's hoping you have an easier day today . ....
This is great news, sahm! I'm so happy for you! Sounds like that OB is really not a good place in terms of organization or communication. I'm so sorry you had to go through so much because of that. I would seriously consider changing drs, too! But the best and most important thing is that your little one is doing great. Wonderful!