or Connect

Posts by rtjunker

I don't really know what to do, but I remember as a kid I screamed. When I felt out of my depth, and alone, and scared, and like no one was listening, I walked around the house screaming to be heard. My parents typically ignored it, and that felt awful, that even screaming at the top of my lungs, no one heard me. So if possible, I would try really hard to understand what she's trying to communicate when she screams. Work on ways she can communicate her needs better;...
It makes me wonder how much trust we can put in the medical community, when the history of medicine is littered with stories like this. I wonder what will shock people in 50 years...
I've found for napping playing white noise or baby sleep music extends the length of naps considerably for my LO. I go to YouTube type in baby sleep music and pick one. Night time sleeping can still be tough with my 11 month old LO. She wants nursing every time she wakes lately. She has been developing like crazy (walking, talking more, playing more complex games, growing taller), so that's part of it. My DH has to put her to bed without me in the room, to get her to sleep...
Chemotherapy is awful stuff. There are several different drugs and dosages, and methods of delivery, depending on the type and grade of cancer and other factors. Each with it's own risks, all extremely toxic. Chemo drugs also tend to stick around in the body, so even off cycle there will be problems. I don't have any good links with info about Chemo and breastfeeding. I've just done quite a bit of research on cancer and Chemo over the years when I had access to pubmed, as...
I think a flyer with info about a fb page would work well. A fb page to update and refer to is essential for my mom groups. I know much of the time a mom will just post when they go to the park, so other moms can head to that park. Also, I'd recommend checking to see if any page like that already exists in your area.
I think it really depends on the child as to whether a large party would suit them. My DD would probably love a big party with all her friends and family. We are pretty involved with a community of other like minded moms, also both me and DH come from families of 7, so we're often at large gatherings. My DD loves it and will spend hours chasing after the other kids, and being social. She actually shrieks in delight when she hears people yell or argue... OTOH my 16 year old...
I would probably try a wagon or umbrella stroller. My 10 month old was just given her cousin's wagon, and really likes it. We typically use a SSC or woven wrap for long walks around town. My DD prefers the wagon to the stroller. She starts to cry and get afraid in the stroller after ten or fifteen minutes. She's lasted much longer in the wagon.
In your situation I would stick to using easy to wash flats and covers. I'd probably also consider buying/making a plunger washer or some type of portable washer. I likely wouldn't want to wash my diapers in the automatic soap dispensing machines before verifying the soap is okay to use with cloth diapers. My other concern is that if the soap is added every wash, you may be unable to fully rinse it out. It's doable, especially with hemp or cotton flats, or other natural...
I have a really old top loader hooked up in our unfinished basement, so I don't worry too much about it. If you have a newer machine you could skip the dawn, enough hot water washes would probably work the same. When I do use dawn, I just add a squirt, no precise measuring for me.
For every lot of used diapers I've purchased, I turned my water heater up for super hot washes, then bleached and stripped with dawn, running full washes until I saw no soap bubbles during agitation. I'm sure it's actually overkill, and could damage elastic and pul if done regularly, but I felt much more comfortable with used diapers after sanitizing like this.