or Connect

Posts by mtnjenny

We live about 9 miles outside of Nederland, and after having lived up here for 6 years, and since having 2 kids, we're ready to move down to Boulder (we both work down there.) It's a fabulous, beautiful place to live, and a wonderful community. We just need to simplify things by moving closer. You might want to check out this website: http://www.nedmamas.com/ There's also a chamber of commerce website. Lots of fun restaurants, a library, public schools, a...
Our little girl was in the Pavlik harness for 12 weeks also for hip dysplasia (full dislocation of the hip joint.) She wore it 24 hours a day up until just the last few weeks when we were "allowed" to take it off a few hours a day. She could only have baths at the clinic until those last few weeks. It was frustrating for us, and we felt sorry for her, but it didn't bother her at all really, and as others have mentioned - it's soooo much better to get it taken care of now...
I can't resist jumping in! Disclaimer: I'm a Montessori teacher (1st-3rd graders) and have been for 13 years. It was my passion before I had kids, so I'm totally biased!! It's very important that you look to reputable resources. Anyone can call their school a Montessori school, create a website, or write a book about Montessori no matter what their knowledge base is. The Association Montessori Internationale, American Montessori Society, and North American Montessori...
Our ped discovered our daughter had hip dysplasia (full dislocation of the ball from the socket) at her one week appointment. We would have had no idea if she hadn't caught it. If we hadn't found out that soon, she'd have had surgery and a full-body cast as a toddler...or full-blown hip replacement in her twenties or later if it took that long to discover. It goes undiagnosed if not checked by someone who knows what they're doing, because you'd never know. Luckily, she's...
I plan on using Kissaluvs newborns right away (our hospital even sends the baby home in cloth,) along with some prefolds and covers, and then onto Fuzzibunz. I have everything leftover from Mason, and it worked great, so I'll stick with it! I teach full-time (well, except for summer ) and I managed pretty well. Just plan on doing laundry every single day. We'll see how it goes with toddler laundry and CD laundry this time around - yikes. Love to hear all the plans to use...
When is your estimated due date? 3/22/07 Is this your first pregnancy? No If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? I have one 3 year old boy. Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? No Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? Hospital birth What have you loved about being pregnant? The best part of this pregnancy was when I stopped feeling soooooo sick and food finally tasted good! And of course the...
Hope I'm starting this off right... It's your turn in the spotlight, monamcmona! (Forgive me if I'm asking questions you already answered through other posts - I can't keep up!) What region of the country/world do you live in (if you're comfortable telling?) You mentioned craving lemonade, any other cravings? How is this pregnancy different from your first? What are you doing to keep yourself happy and comfortable while you're pregnant? What are your...
I'm glad to hear that, Cherrybomb, because I feel kind of silly doing it! Are you a SAHM or do you have a job outside of the home?I'm a teacher. I teach 1st-3rd graders at a public Montessori school. I've done it for 12 years now and can't seem to give it up. What did you always dream of being when you were growing up?Anything but a teacher, 'cause that's what my mom did. Funny that, huh? Always dreamed of some job where I could travel around the world, writing...
But do you have a feeling you know what you're having? I was really sure, I mean really, really sure, that Mason was a girl, so I'm not even dwelling on this one! What did you have for breakfast today? Scrambled eggs w/ cheese and salsa in a tortilla. What are you wearing? Sweats and a tank top, even though it's snowing outside right now! Are you reading a good book right now? Last Child in the Woods. Super good and interesting, but it's taking me forever to get...
You asked me some, so I'll ask you! What is your favorite type of music? How do your other children feel about the new baby on the way? What things have been happening with you in this pregnancy that have been different from your others?