or Connect

Posts by bella00

No, but SD isn't old enough fo Facebook yet. If she was, yes I would accept her.   However I do block my own stepmother from Facebook and she's been my stepmother for 20+ years and in that time we've always had a poor relationship. We've never had our own relationship outside of my dad. If it weren't for him, I doubt we'd continue a "relationship". Neither of us put in any effort to see eachother if it isn't a holiday when other relatives will be aroud. She's also...
  I am both a stepdaughter and a stepmom. I don't see anything wrong with the word step, so I say stepdaughter when referring to DH's daughter. Thats what she is to me and it does not feel like an insult to her. She has a great mom and I want to respect that. I believe in respecting her family history and the truth is she has 1 mom, 1 dad, and 1 stepmom. Me marrying her dad did not make me a mother to her. SD lives with her mom except for every other weekend so that also...

Names that are already taken are   Grandma & Grandpa (my inlaws) Nanny & PawPaw (maternal grandparents) Grammy & Gramps (maternal great-grandparents)   And then recently my mom chose MiMi and my dad chose GranDad. I still feel with all those names taken there's plenty to choose from. My stepmom could be GiGi, Nana, Nonny, NeeNee, Granny, ect.
  She never insisted I call her Mom (nor would i have been comfortable with that), but does insist that my stepdaughter call her Grandma (cause thats what she calls herself to the dog). I've given her two options. She can pick an alternate grandma name (and there are tons of alternates) or stepdaughter will call her by her first name just as I do. But she insists that she be Grandma and tells me she's broken-hearted she can't be Grandma. So its all about her and her...
I'm curious, what do you do when one grandparent won't compromise and insists on a grandparent name even when that name is already taken? We saw my dad and stepmother for the 4th of July. My stepmother insists that she is Grandma to my SD. She won't even compromise and be willing to be called Grandma Jane. My SD is uncomfortable calling my mom or my stepmom Grandma because thats the name of her paternal grandma. My stepmother thinks this is ridiculous and that it doesn't...
my dad's wife isn't so much of an issue as she pretty much stays out of my life and we have a pretty bad history between us. However my mom and dad are very involved in my life and I'd like them to have some sort of name. My stepdaughter is 7, but acts uncomfortable calling them grandma and grandpa cause she already has grandparents called that, so I am thinking either I, SD or my parents need to come up with a different name that is not already used by any of...
What should stepgrandparents be called? My stepdaughter has A LOT of grandparents. My husband's parents are Grandma and Grandpa. Then my stepdaughter's mom's parents are Nanny and PawPaw. Then SD has great-grandparents on her mom's side as well who are Grammy and Gramps. Then there's my mom, dad, and my dad's wife (she and i aren't close though). Currently SD doesn't call them anything, but I would like to change that and have her call them something as she seems to not...
Where is SD new step dad?? You said that her mom was remarried. Well, does he get to pick up SD from school? Go to parent teacher conferences, etc.? Is your husband ok with him being there???? Stepdad doesn't get involved in parent/teacher conferences or pick her up from school. He works long hours and lets stepdaughter's mom handle most school matters. He does attend evening things like Open House, award ceremonies, ect.  
Even with summer visitation, the time is limited. Since there's right of first refusal, SD will be cared for by her mom during the day(even though its my husband's summer visitation time), and then my husband picks her up after work. I am thinking of taking a family vacation together, that way we'll have more time than just late afternoon/evenings.