or Connect

Posts by Tonia Starr

My 8 yr old has always adored Woody frm Toy Story and has a Woody lantern night light that to this DAY he calls a lamp-atern, just makes sense to him. :)
Right there with you. :) I have two actually that are spirited. My eldest and my youngest. My  eldest is 10 and has sensory issues, is very impulsive and melts down easily, especially when having to transition or compromise (in other words, live in the real world) My two year ld is a bundle of limitless energy. He is up at six, no nap and up til at least 10 or 11 pm. the result of lacking sleep is serious tantrums, rage, and somehow MORE uncontainable energy. (In fact, i...
I consider it a triumph if all before DH gets home Im out of pajamas, showered, dressed, and teeth brushed. (bonus pts. if I shave my legs) Trust me, it doesnt happen every day. its just not top piority. Im all formaking sure my kids look nice in cute little matching outfits or whatnot, then I take them out to play in the yard in my bunny pj pants with the paintsplatters from whn I painted my bedroom,some comfy shirt and my disarrayed hair thrown into a messy bun. I...
I have 5 boys ages 10,8,6,4 and 2. I make thetwo youngest come in the handicap stall with me. They tend to run, destroy, grab, etc.....lol My other 3 I allow to wait directly outside the door of the bathroom. I taught them to line upagainst the wall and STAY. lol (I HAD to. I used to be a single mom of 5 and though I pretty lax about alot, some situations call for order for safetys sake) Plus they know the rules on talking to ppl they dont know and I can hear them since...
I wuld definitly be proactive as far as making it clear you are making changes. Now, Im not saying you NEED to make changes, but simply doing it as a way to appease them. What I did when I went through this crap: wrote up a homeschool schedule and posted it in plain view. Also, I wrote up a Family Routine (I stole SuperNanny's idea there) and wrote it on big ol poster board and hungit in the kitchen. I hung up the kids school papers all over, plus kept the school books,...
OP: I wish you were MY mom. ;)
IF YOU POP ONE MORE FREAKING KEY OFF MY LAPTOP IM GOING TO THROW YOU OUT A WINDOW!!!!!!  
My own mom was horrid about invading my privacy. I would wake at night to her sitting on my floor reading my diary or poetry! I lived for two yrs with family members as a teen an they taught me ALOT about respect. When they had a hunch their son was smoking, they waited til he got home from school, sat himdown and explained their worries and told him they were going to search his room. They wanted him there so he could see they were ONLY looking for cigarettes and would...
First thing in the morning. I am just NOT a morning person and first have to get three grumpy boys up adout the door by 6:15 am for school and then the younger two wake up right after. My 4 yr ol is a chatterbox who starts talking a mile a minute bfore my brain iscapble of comprehending the English language and my sirited toddler is runing in circles and leaping off furniture.... Im just a zombie trying to remember how the coffee maker works.... The second worst is at...
I sooooo had this issue! Except I have 5kid so it was awful! Tons of hand me downs which SEEMED a blessing. But myproblem was I kept stuff that would not fit them for YEARS with the logic that "hey, we will use it eventually!" I had clothes for all 5 kids for all 4 seasons in sizes newborn to 16 boys. PLUS winter clthes for hubby and I. I just spent a whole week going through almost 30 trash bags!!!! UUUGGGHHH! Here is what I recomnd, if something is a special memory,...