or Connect

Posts by FaithHopeLove29

I guess the good part of my son not going to sleep is that I got to do some yoga and check back in here to record. It wasn't pretty, but it was something!   Sun Salutations A full workout  No yoga today   2 3 4 5 6  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Congratulations Micah_Mae!!!   I'm still here, but swamped with work. Fell of the yoga wagon pretty hard, plan to get back to it starting tonight with at least something! Hope to get back on here this weekend and have something worth posting.
Just checking in quickly before I forget what I've been doing. I like the emoticon idea, so I'm stealing it!   Sun Salutations A full workout No yoga today   2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
SweetSilver and Pickle - I love the advice you shared! Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to get from "I'll start back up eventually" to "I'm doing yoga!" :) I can't believe how much I am feeling just this little bit of yoga. A little sore in muscles, a LOT less back ache/hip pain/shoulder pain. I'm resetting my goal already, to do at least something every day. It's worth it! :)   So I guess I'll start my calendar:   3/2 - 10 sun salutations 3/3 - 8 sun...
I haven't had a chance to read replies, but I could read without replying. My son, 9 months old, is very similar to what you describe - I can count on one hand the number of times he's gone to bed "sleepy but awake" for me or my husband, for naps or bedtime. He doesn't fall asleep easily, and for months DH would hold him while he cried until he fell asleep (always less than 5 minutes, but sleep wouldn't come without tears). His longest stretch of sleep is 3 hours on a...
I don't have any poses to add for gentle yoga post partum - you've got a great list there SS.   I finally wrote down the flow for sun salutations and plan to do some tonight or tomorrow morning. :)
I'm not yet doing yoga again, but I'd kind of like to join in here to hold myself accountable and get started again.   1.  Who are you? I'm Jen, mom to a 9-month old high-energy boy, wife, and full-time grad student.   2.  What are your goals for this month? To start yoga again - my goal this month is to do yoga once a week.   3.  Tell us a bit about the place of yoga, and a yoga home practice, in your life. I started a daily morning yoga routine to center...
My son has been teething since about that time... thing is, he still doesn't have any teeth (6 months later). The fussing while nursing seemed to correlate with growth spurts for us. I'm not a believer in the amber necklaces, but I know many swear by them, so I hope it works well for you too! We used cold washcloths to chew on, and I've heard some people freeze breastmilk and put it in mesh feeders for teething, but I never tried that myself. Good luck!
From the way you've worded your post, I think you know you're not crazy :) If it feels right for your family, it probably is! It wouldn't work for me, but it sounds like you are very happy with how you're doing things.
I'm not really telling you I think you *should* do anything - do what seems right to you. I just answered the poll as I did with my son, 8 1/2 months old now. We put finger food in front of him, and let him eat what he wants. He loves sweet potato, squash, pear, peach, carrot, lots and lots of fruits and veggies basically. He has no teeth, he nurses before and after he eats (and on demand day and night). He dropped off to 15th percentile for weight at his 6 month...