or Connect

Posts by InspiredCT

Skelly, what a beautiful little girl! I agree with all of the pp on finding a new doc! Absolutely agree that your daughter should not be exposed to any comment or discussion on her body or weight.
ajmcallahan - Smoothies are such a good idea! I'm going to try them soon. Sometimes our baba boy loves eating, sometimes he won't even taste the food. Especially when he's tired or, recently, teething. I've been surprised by some things I hadn't expected him to be interested in: olives, grated cooked beetroot, 'french toast - egg bread'. We try to expose him to the same sort of food we eat. He's loving chomping on sugar snap peas, strawberries, bananas. He loves hummus, we...
I agree that this type of behaviour, although frustrating, is normal for this age. My son, 14 months, sometimes throws his food when he gets frustrated at being in his chair or when he's just not interested in eating and we ignore that fact. We try to put him in his chair, put some food on the tray for him to pick up and feed himself, and usually read his favourite book to him. Mostly he doesn't like being restricted in the chair and having us feed him (put the food in...
HAHAHA! 
Serafina, my SIL and I were discussing this just yesterday - I agree, it has become all too common to hear "I wasn't producing enough milk". There is very little education about how the supply/demand relationship of breastfeeding works, and even less information about the difficulties that can arise in the early days and how to handle those.    New mamas-to-be spend hours and hours researching what to expect during labour, but as some previous posts have mentioned,...
When our baba was newborn we started bathing him almost every day after about 3 weeks. This would usually mean DH or I in the bath with babaloo playing, and gently "floating" him in the water - he absolutely loved being in the bath and I guess it was a way for us to establish a loose routine at least for ourselves. When he was that little we never used soap on him and only "washed" in between the folds (underarms, neck) using fragrance and colour free aqueous cream....
Hi rugrat, I had my babaloo on probiotic drops from about 4 mo until about 7 mo. Before we started the drops he was very gassy, sometimes loud and very smelly although he was exclusively bf at the time. After about 2 weeks of giving the drops every evening before bed we saw a huge improvement. No more loud gas. No more smells and a totally happy babe. I ran out of the drops at one point in that period and because if the success thought that perhaps his gas issues had...
Hahaha! I love these posts - they have really made me laugh. I totally empathise, I am 36w myself and I've also had silly remarks from people and funny aches and pains. Mostly I can't wait to be able to bend down again and actually remembering where I've put things.
I haven't posted a pic on this discussion yet, but also want to share - all of the previous pics are so cute! Loving looking at them.   Here's me at 34w last weekend.  
I'm 35w with my first baba and as I also didn't know how to distinguish BH my midwife gave me the following description: they are strong tightening of the stomach muscles (painless) and can sometimes feel like a big baby movement. I have definitely had these sensations: every night I wake up to go to the loo and my tummy is ROCK hard. Last night all 3 times I got up it was the same. It never hurt at all just felt hard and huge.   As for the menstrual type craming,...