or Connect

Posts by kymholly

lorijds, you are so lucky! You have found what you are passionate about in your chosen career. You had the opportunity to pursue another area that you thought you would love, but realized that it wasn't really what you thought it would be and/or wanted it to be. Now, you can return to what you love with no reservations or lingering doubts that it's what you were meant to do. That is not something that many people get to do. I think that your co-workers will respect...
I just wanted to follow up on the LPN entrance exam that I took this weekend. It was fine & I checked my scores online & I did very well, so all of that worrying was for nothin'! Of course, I'm still hoping to get into the RN program, but I'm preparing a back-up plan since I've got an "uneven" college history. Thanks again to everyone who encouraged me... it's so nice to be able to get some support from people who have btdt!
Thanks for all of the encouragement! I will be studying until Saturday morning...
Has anyone ever taken the TEAS® test? I am taking it on Saturday as part of my "back-up" plan to get my LPN in case I don't get into the ASN program this fall. The woman I spoke with from the LPN program said that if I was currently enrolled in college & doing well that I should have no trouble w/the test. But then I found a practice test site ( http://www.testprepreview.com/teas_practice.htm ) and now I'm worried. It looks like the test that I expected to breeze...
Almama, I see that you are in MA... so am I, on the Cape! Thanks for the math link... we will try it out! abac: I hear you about the calculator. I guess I'm old enough to think that people need to be able to do some addition in their head... I cringe everytime I see a cashier using a calculator at the drive-thru window. It just seems like some basic math needs to be understood, and not just be some random numbers punched into a machine. Now an abacus is a whole...
Quote: Originally Posted by RiverSky Are you totally against homeschooling or child-led learning? Perhaps since you are planning to put her in PS next fall ANYWAY, why not let her have a totally relaxed time, unschooling until then? Perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised and realize that after totally mixing things right up, that you won't find the need to public school nearly as pressing? Maybe? I mean, my initial thought here was that...
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! I think that I'm going to try to hold off starting her until next fall since I'm home w/her anyway this year & my schedule won't be too intense until then anyway. The only thing swaying me towards putting her in this year is the seemingly constant battles to get stuff done, but I suspect that that won't change if she's in ps.
We've been hsing my 9 year old dd since she was 4 (she went to pre-school for 2 years back when I was still a wohm). I've been back in school myself, working to get my RN degree. So far, I've just been taking 2 classes at a time to meet the pre-reqs, but next year I'll be going full-time. In addition, dd is becoming increasingly resistant to working with me on completing her non-school work, which is becoming a very stressful for both of us. So, dh & I have told...
and something must be wrong with my 'puter screen, 'cause that bow looks red to me!!!:
Nothing like a new HK thread to get me back here posting. And did someone say something about jello?????