or Connect

Posts by mcqueen

Hi, My name is Erin and I'm from Calgary AB Canada. When I had my first baby I joined a local online group and met my best friend. Not sure if I'll rejoin now that I'm home with my second child. I really don't have a lot of time to myself let alone go online. When I can go online I really want to share my home birth experience and help other woman with their choices and talk about it all. I think it's because I'm probably not going to have a third and well I want to hold...
I have had a birth with drugs in a hospital and a water birth at home with a midwife. And I would go with home birth in water again. The active labour was the most painful experience ever but once I got into the pool it was amazing how the pain sort of went away and I was able to focus on controlling my pushing myself! I didn't labour in the pool because my midwives were not there yet and told my husband to keep me out of it until they got there. My labour started at...
The use of Midwives was not an option for my first birth being we couldn't afford it and I was not there mentally. For my second child now that it is funded there was no other option but to go with midwives. It was like this baby was telling me I had to do it and it had to be a water birth! So I did and if we ever have any more children I would do it again. My midwives were amazing and made me feel like I was in control and help me feel confident in this new adventure of...