or Connect

Posts by Calicara

Thanks for posting; I had the same question, though I'd also like to know how people put their babies down beforehand? Right now we swaddle our 9 month old and I nurse her to sleep in the middle of our bed. I'd like to transition the first part of the night (from 8-11 or so) by placing her in pack-n-play or crib. When I nurse her to sleep and try to place her in the crib, she wakes up and cries. Can't seem to get her to stay asleep in the crib without fussing (she is...
Hello there. I was wondering the best way to wear the Ergo so that your back doesn't hurt. I have the sport version, and was wondering if it's best to wear the belt part higher (above hips) or lower (on the hips). My baby is 8 months and weighs around 19 lbs. Thanks!
I am so sorry for the way the "crib=cage" comment came across, and perhaps should have included the context and offer the fact that I have a sarcastic sense of humor. I was using hyperbole when my brother-in-law (who is not a father, not that it matters) kept grilling us on why our baby slept with us. "Aren't you afraid you're going to roll over on her?" "Aren't you afraid she's going to have 'issues' since she 'needs' a parent to 'fall asleep'"? "Why do you do that?" A...
Thanks for sharing, mammal_mama :) I imagine a similar conversation will happen during/after our visit home, haha. I asked someone (who was questioning our sleep sharing) whether he preferred to sleep in a cage, and his response was "I'm not a baby. Baby's are supposed to sleep in cribs." Really? According to who? I try not to judge others, but have a low tolerance for such blind ignorance (not sure how else to describe it).
I am so glad you posted this, and that there are so many thoughtful responses. I am first-time mama who practices AP, and have felt like I had to defend myself just because my dh and I are doing things different from what the majority of our family and friends did. I'm nervous because we're going back home (Midwest) in a few days, and I know there will be judgement, which I try to block out, but sometimes it is frustrating. We didn't go into parenting thinking "We will...
So my dd is 8 months old and still prefers to fall asleep swaddled. She usually breaks out from it (we use the Miracle Blanket) midway through the night, and stays asleep for the most part (though sometimes she is fussy and we re-swaddle her and she drifts back into sleep after a few seconds of nursing). My dh and I are starting to think she's getting to old to be swaddled (thanks, Mom), but it seems to be the most comfortable way for her to fall asleep. Any tips on...
Thanks for the tips! She does use a paci, but spits it out when she gets upset (which is usually as soon as I put her down). I like the idea of knowing that attended crying is not CIO. As much as it breaks my heart to hear her cry, it seems better if I am in the room. I don't want to traumatize her! I will try putting her down while she is still awake, but drowsy, and sit in the room with her until she falls asleep. I think I'll keep swaddling her, and once she gets...
Hello. I'm new to the forum and had a question for those with experience. My 8 month old has slept with us, swaddled, in the family bed. The swaddling days are numbered, and normally when I put her down at 7 I nurse her to sleep lying down in the bed, then leave her in the middle (surrounded by pillows so she is safe) and she sleeps for a few hours (usually until I come into bed around 9 or 10). We have a pack n' play that she's slept in a few times, and I would like for...