or Connect

Posts by delilahs

Hello, I'm sorry, unfortunately I can't suggest any books, but i can offer some advice.   I'm a step parent and my relationship with my stepson changes all the time. I always love him, but sometimes we're close and other times we're a little distant. What we do have is a strong bond which allows our relationship to change whilst still feeling like a family. Two things have been really useful are:   1. Changing tact - making sure I concentrate of being more of a...
Hi Bella00,   I think you've hit the nail on the head :) working out what on earth your role as a step parent is, can drive you nuts. The best advice anyone ever gave me was;   You are a grown-up friend to your step child unless the time comes when you have to be more than that.    Take the pressure off yourself. It sounds like this little girl is well cared for, and she will love having a grown-up girl around to hang out with. She needs time to get to know you...
Hi Ceskeywithlove,   Im only new here but I read your question and thought I could help. The biggest lesson i've learnt as a stepmum is nothing I do can change who the mother of my stepson is. I'm in a very similar situation, while his mother would never let me adopt, she doesn't seem to be interested in being a part of his life. It's important to remember that you're not butting her out - she is refusing to get involved. Nothing you do will affect her choices,...