or Connect

Posts by csbwhite

Honesty is the best policy. Just be honest and tell your providers what you are currently struggling with. Talk about your issues with broken confidence and the subsequent feeling of betrayal. Explain how you felt abused, lied to, and manipulated. Explain how this has affected your marriage. Trust comes through open communication and honesty. Don't bottle this up and withhold your private pain. If you are hoping that you won't be mistreated, but don't actually talk about...
Hi, I have GD and also gained 60lbs. I ended up having an extremely large baby. It was my first hb and my daughter weighed 11lb 6oz. She was a scary shoulder dystocia. By God's grace,she survived, but her apgars were 0/2. She was blue, not breathing, and took over 5 min to have good tones. I tore very badly and nearly died. Big babies can be very dangerous, so I wouldn't scoff at the guidelines ACOG recommends. Hindsight is 20/20. If I could go back in time, I would rather...
I am so sorry. My heart is breaking for you. 
Almi, I loved your video and your twins birth story! I put your video on my blog because it is so awesome! http://lovekeepsgrowing.blogspot.com/   I just started to have morning sickness yesterday. I am 6 weeks. I am tired, emotional, and very irritable. Nursing my toddler is driving me crazy, since my nipples hurt sooo much! 
Wow! A Homebirth after 4 c/s! Incredible! I truly hope that this homebirth is everything you want! You rock!!
Congrats on your pregnancy! It is really special to have your first baby. I am sure that a good childbirth class, reading books, talking with the midwives, and connecting on this and other forums will be helpful to settle some of your fears. You can do it! You are stronger than you may think. And midwives are trained to know how to respond to a problem, if one were to occur. 
I also had 5 VBAC's, and my 2nd and 4th VBAC's were homebirth's. I'm expecting my 6th VBAC in January 2014. 
I've had 8+ babies. 
I am due January 10th (my sister's birthday!). This is my seventh child (but my 11th pregnancy *4 miscarriages*). 
I'm a runner! I am still running 5-6 days/week. I have noticed that it takes me longer to warm-up, so I just listen to my body and walk or slow down. I normally run 4-6 miles, but lately I am only able to do 4 miles max. My lower back was hurting yesterday, but I think that is due to me pushing my two youngest in the double stroller. I love how I feel after I run. I am going to start my yoga-for-pregnancy exercises, too. I am hoping this fatigue won't keep me from...