or Connect

Posts by marie33

Well, it's hard to find anything new to say, but my 3rd baby was born 5 1/2 months ago and we've been cosleeping with him right in our queen size bed since day 2.  Only because with our first 2, we waited a few weeks for exhaustion and pp depression to set in before finally giving in and putting them in bed w/us.  This time around, after one  sleepless night, I could remember exactly why we put our other babies to bed w/us!  I was always told that this was wrong, so I...
It's never okay to proud of the way you parent, right?  I'm a believer in just being who you are as a parent, which changes and grows with each baby born!  I just had my 3rd and I've become slightly more "crunchy" with each one.  I'll be judged for my parenting and any growing I may do as a person and mother by someone, I'm sure!  btw, I have an Adeline!  Great name. =)  
wow! I was just wondering if I might be a crunchy parent!  I've never heard of this before joinin mdc! 
I'm going to read that book, too.  Thanks
oops... I will definitey ask when specific problems arise with the new little one, as I'm sure they will!
Thank you, those are some good tips.  I've been a mom for 10 years now and I guess I'm just wondering if there are specific guidelines to gd, what is wrong w/ time out, which is what we had mostly used when the kids were smaller and sometimes still.  We don't scream and yell at our kids in general ( I won't say we NEVER yell, but we really try not to).  We don't spank or hit... we're probably parenting as gently as we can in our family.  I will defin
Thanks!  I am also glad that I have found MDC.  I only intended to subscribe to the magazine, but learned it would no longer be available in print... however, I found so much more than I was looking for!  I wish I had this when my kids were younger!  Still, I have a lot of years left mothering my children and it will be nice to have the support. 
Oooh!  I know this one!   BLW is Baby Led Weaning.  I'm pretty new here, too.  I just read about this yesterday and have been trying to find out about it today.  It's a book that basically says to skip the purees and just let them eat food like you eat. I'm really glad I came across this, too.  My DS is 4 1/2 months old, so I 'm starting to think about how I'm going to feed him when the time comes  I think this is the route I'm going to go this time around.  =)
Totally agree... spent a month or so w/ bby all night, but then started putting him to bed separate until he woke up.  Now he sometimes sleeps 5-6 hours at 4 months old.  
Listen, I have a four month old, my 3rd one...  All of my babies have been in bed w/ me at least for the second half of the night.  With the first 2, I waited about a month because I thought I was told by everyone and my pediatrician that they shouldn't sleep in my bed.  This baby has slept in our bed from day one and I haven't missed out on any sleep at all!  Best decision I ever made. For the last 2 months, he starts the night in his bassinet next to my bed. He sleeps...